Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Started on another one I've had in mind for a while...

Dandontdare

That one took a while as I thought it was side-on. A chicken? Sonic the Hedgehog?

Then it clicked!  :lol:

Colin YNWA

That's just brilliant - one of the best yet and that's saying something.

Funt Solo

Funt Solo admits that took him a minute.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

TordelBack

Truly outstanding. When you get to the body, I believe Lego do an acceptably-scaled Alan (although you're on your own for the eyepatch...).

ming

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 October, 2019, 12:18:52 AM
Truly outstanding. When you get to the body, I believe Lego do an acceptably-scaled Alan (although you're on your own for the eyepatch...).

Yeah, I had that teddy in mind (we might have that already) - no way to do an eyepatch for Alan short of permanent marker (which is a line I won't cross).

I could add a string for Frank's eyepatch though - impossible to drape this correctly with digital Lego but it would work 'in the real' as number two son would say.

Will probably move on to Nixon's head next, then have a think about the rest.

Link Prime

Quote from: ming on 18 October, 2019, 11:01:48 AM

no way to do an eyepatch for Alan short of permanent marker (which is a line I won't cross).

Come for the cool Lego designs.
Stay for the unassailable integrity.

Bolt-01

Massive thanks to the not really evil at all Ming for all the work in making this happen, but look who came to stay with me yesterday

I've put more details over on the FQP blog along with a link to a pdf of all my build photo's.

FQP Blog link

Thanks to Ming for helping make this happen and if any of you squaxx out there want to see Alpha in the brick - I'll have him on the FQP table at Tbubs next month.

#praiseTharg

ming

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 29 October, 2019, 08:10:02 AM
Massive thanks to the not really evil at all Ming for all the work in making this happen, but look who came to stay with me yesterday

Great stuff - I hope the instructions (if you used them) weren't too bad.  I should take some time to tweak those beyond the default versions you can get through Stud.io as I think with a little effort I could make them more user-friendly.

I'm still waiting for some pieces for the first five of the ABC Warriors but those should be here this week.  I'll turn my attention back to Happy Shrapnel and Dirty Frank and get on with Aimee Nixon shortly but I got sidetracked by something else (more 2000AD Lego but completely insane - I'll post up some pics when I'm further along with it but it's not something I'll finish anytime soon).

Might try out making the transfers for Rogue's biochips in the next few days, just need to get the size right.  Something like this, anyway:

IndigoPrime

Those bits on the left might be fun as 2x3 studs!

ming

Printed a sheet of biochip decals so will see if these work or whether I need to find another solution...  Haven't ordered the bits for Rogue yet but I'll get around to it at some point.

Bolt-01

Cheers Ming - the instructions were fine. I had to do a bit of detective work for a few bricks, but that's all part of the fun, surely?

ming

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 30 October, 2019, 08:57:40 AM
Cheers Ming - the instructions were fine. I had to do a bit of detective work for a few bricks, but that's all part of the fun, surely?

I hoped so! :)  For the instructions, you can (I think) create sub-elements of the build and rotate things to make it easier to see what goes where, but that all takes time and I couldn't be arsed.  It's doable if needed though - just depends if anyone other than me really wants to build these things.

Just tried out the biochip decals and they seem to work okay, which does open up some avenues (S/D badge, 'DREDD' badge decal, etc.) but I'll see what needs arise in future I guess.

ming

The last pieces for the ABC Warriors (those completed, anyway) arrived so I built the first few last night.  Discovered a couple of minor errors in the designs but got everything sorted and the digital designs tweaked accordingly.  Mongrol and Blackblood were especially fun to do and look pretty good; the boys favour Blackblood and Joe Pineapples (who looks better than I expected).  Will take a few pics at the weekend, anyway.

I threw a quick render together of all the characters completed digitally and this looks like as good a use of 3,000-odd bricks as I can think of.  I'll go back and add Dredd and Judge Fear, Mean Machine and Slaine soonish, if only to delay the onset of insanity stemming from my 2020 project.

Any suggestions for other characters to try out?  Alongside Happy Shrapnel I started Sinister & Dexter, plus I've got Frank and Aimee to finish.  Might try a Judda and a Klegg at some point, but any suggestions are welcome...