Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption

Started by amberkraken, 18 May, 2010, 08:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orlok

I'm about a third the way through and it's fantastic. 

I've not tried multiplayer yet but will give it a blast (and sent a FR to a few on here for some posse action).

Had two bizarre things happen in the game.
Firstly, I abandoned my horse outside of Rathskeller Fork while I went in to do some Al Swearengen stuff. After getting into a fistfight with a bloke for killing his chickens and pigs, I went outside to find my horse trundling by on top of a stagecoach.

Second, I was galloping said horse to Pike's Basin, lost my bearings and ended up jumping over the edge of the cliff. Unluckily (for him), there was a bandit standing underneath as part of the hideout mini-mission. The poor black hat got a horse right in the face and I tumbled off on impact and survived..

I had tears in my eyes as I skinned "Champ" and looted some corpses.

Stuzzle

I bought this with birthday money at the weekend  :D

Not had alot of time on it but so far:

Seemingly a man appeared an dropped out of thin air just outside the train window when it pulled in at the start of the game

Some bastad posing as an innocent in need stole my horse! I liked that horse and didn't want to get a different one so ran over an switched my xbox off. Stuart 1 Autosave 0
I don't draw so good and I don't know the artists off by heart. I eat more than I probably should and don't yet know the stories from the start. I like films and can't speak Spanish, but DAMMIT I can Twitter

uncle fester

Have had a brief go on this at a mates house but we had been drinking.

Instead of getting on a horse I managed to skin it and start a small scale war in some sleepy hamlet in my annoyance. I've since been told about auto save. I don't think he's going to be happy when he finds out his horse is dead and his wanted rating has one through the roof.

Good looking game though  :)

mogzilla

Quote from: Stuzzle on 20 July, 2010, 11:49:10 AM
I bought this with birthday money at the weekend  :D

Not had alot of time on it but so far:

Seemingly a man appeared an dropped out of thin air just outside the train window when it pulled in at the start of the game

Some bastad posing as an innocent in need stole my horse! I liked that horse and didn't want to get a different one so ran over an switched my xbox off. Stuart 1 Autosave 0

if some one nicks your horse just whistle for it ,it throws him and you can shoot the thieving git for a neg hit on your honour whicjh i dont get why, or just shoot him straight away...

Orlok

Quoteif some one nicks your horse just whistle for it ,it throws him and you can shoot the thieving git for a neg hit on your honour whicjh i dont get why, or just shoot him straight away...

I had a woman do this to me, so I whistled, lassoed her from horseback and dragged her across the plains to the nearest train tracks.
Then I hogtied her and left her on the tracks. Mr Choo-Choo then thundered down and took the wrong fork so I had to put her on the back of my horse and ride ahead of it. It then stopped at Armadillo for what seemed like ages so I cut her free and dragged her around a bit more. Finally, I got my way when Mr Choo-Choo rolled over her thieving body. I honestly don't know how serial killers put up with this kind of stuff.

The next time it happened, it was a bloke so I whistled, lassoed the bellend and dragged him to an area with lots of wolves.

Judge Olde

Quote from: Orlok on 20 July, 2010, 10:19:26 PM
Quoteif some one nicks your horse just whistle for it ,it throws him and you can shoot the thieving git for a neg hit on your honour whicjh i dont get why, or just shoot him straight away...

I had a woman do this to me, so I whistled, lassoed her from horseback and dragged her across the plains to the nearest train tracks.
Then I hogtied her and left her on the tracks. Mr Choo-Choo then thundered down and took the wrong fork so I had to put her on the back of my horse and ride ahead of it. It then stopped at Armadillo for what seemed like ages so I cut her free and dragged her around a bit more. Finally, I got my way when Mr Choo-Choo rolled over her thieving body. I honestly don't know how serial killers put up with this kind of stuff.

The next time it happened, it was a bloke so I whistled, lassoed the bellend and dragged him to an area with lots of wolves.

Love it, I need to play this a lot more. Sounds like fun

Orlok

Just watch yourself in Mexico.
I stopped on the edge of a river to take in the majestic scenery with hawks circling overhead as the sun began to set. As I sat on my noble steed, jaw agape in wonder at God's creation, a bobcat leapt up from nowhere and slotted my horse sending me tumbling down into a watery grave.

That never happened to Judith Chalmers on Wish You Were Here.

James Stacey

Quote from: Orlok on 20 July, 2010, 10:19:26 PM
Finally, I got my way when Mr Choo-Choo rolled over her thieving body. I honestly don't know how serial killers put up with this kind of stuff.
You even get an achievement for this on the 360 :)
Happy days

Dan Kelly

I've not had much time to play this for a while.  Got to a certain point near the end and decided to prolong the ending until after I've completed the chanllenges

Needless to say I'm stuck on the last sharpshooter.  Tried to do it with a rifle,  keeping it drawn and following the Pike's Basin challenge, but I don't seem to register any disarms, even when it looks like I've been successful...

Orlok

QuoteFinally, I got my way when Mr Choo-Choo rolled over her thieving body. I honestly don't know how serial killers put up with this kind of stuff.

You even get an achievement for this on the 360 
Happy days

Indeed you do. It happened for me a bit earlier to this when I hogtied a nun and dropped her on the tracks.
Sadly it didn't unlock the "Pick Up A Penguin" Achievement (which only exists in my head).

mogzilla

having trouble killing a bear with my knife... nearly had one last night but didnt see his FOUR mates sneaking up....

and my wife thinks i'm cruel "what if they had cubs"?....... :o

James Stacey

Quote from: mogzilla on 28 July, 2010, 09:48:09 AM
having trouble killing a bear with my knife... nearly had one last night but didnt see his FOUR mates sneaking up....

and my wife thinks i'm cruel "what if they had cubs"?....... :o
Shotgun to the head, jump off your horse and knife em. It only needs to be the killing blow with the knife.

Orlok

What he said.

Soften them up with the bird gun and then run in circles til you can get a good swing.

Richmond Clements

Hooray!

My birthday Amazon vouchers arrived two weeks late, so this is now winging it's way towards me.
Expect to never hear from me again shortly...

SmallBlueThing

Having a son who loves video games, and just having bought him a ps3, ive been scoffing at you all in this thread and indulging in some 'games are for kids and i dont have the time' wankery.

However, having given this thread a proper readthrough, ive given up. I will be buying this game for myself at the earliest opportunity, because i want to tie nuns to tracks, kill bears and be attacked by wolves in mexico! It sounds fucking ace, if i can trust yous guys. And i think i can.

Just enlighten me, is there a decent zombies game for the ps3, that doesn't involve poxy superpowered living dead, like those rubbish resident evil things? I just want a straightforward survivalist zombie thing, not an fps necessarily.

SBT