Main Menu

Stories that should be collected

Started by broodblik, 10 August, 2018, 05:39:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

With the recent return of a certain character of you know who which series that was published and not been in a proper collection would you like to be collected?

I have 4 that I would like Rebellion to do very much like they did for the Treasury of British Comics:
Firekind

Armoured Gideon

Bad City Blue

Brigand Doom

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

Pyroxian

IndigoPrime

Has Shadows really never been reprinted? That'd be ideal floppy fodder. As for the others, I don't see Firekind ever getting the treatment it deserves unless some kind of magic happens. (After all, it's short – only 78 pages.)

I'd happily see anything else mentioned here in the floppies, bar Bradley (which to me doesn't hold up well – and I even liked the bands that featured at the time). Armoured Gideon – bar that awful last series – would make for a nice trade, although I suspect that's wishful thinking. Still, who knows if the 2000 AD UC does well?

broodblik

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 August, 2018, 10:56:42 AM
Has Shadows really never been reprinted? That'd be ideal floppy fodder. As for the others, I don't see Firekind ever getting the treatment it deserves unless some kind of magic happens. (After all, it's short – only 78 pages.)

Yes 78 pages might be short but recently we got the coloured versions of Halo Jones all running in about 64 pages each. So lets keep on hoping for this.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Max Headroom

I would really like a complete run of 'Sinister Dexter' to be collected in hardcover. Maybe one day...?

gurnard

Quote from: Pyroxian on 10 August, 2018, 09:54:57 AM
Bradley

I have a slim GN of Bradley, I have not read it for some years but something with an Ice queen in it. Not sure if this is the only story but it is an entertaining read.

Colin YNWA

I always wonder why the shorter collections aren't combined or paired up. So say Firekind with Leatherjack or some such. Shadows with The Dead. Or you could mix it up and do a 'Flip' collection and get Shadows in with Firekind. Now that would be some read.

I'm guessing that odds and sods trade which had Tribal Memories and the first Universal Soldier didn't do too well as it's never been followed up.

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 10 August, 2018, 04:47:40 PM
I'm guessing that odds and sods trade which had Tribal Memories and the first Universal Soldier didn't do too well as it's never been followed up.

And that's a shame, 'cos Sci-Fi Thrillers also hoovered up some great stuff like Maze Dumoir, Family and XTNCT... but then it was bulked out with some pretty weak pish like Colony Earth, which seems odd when it could have included Firekind (although I've just realised all the other stuff is B&W).   

Colin YNWA

Didn't realise Family and XTNCT were in there. That's a fine collection!

IndigoPrime

A Milligan collection could be interesting. We're getting one in the Hachette collection, but that's, what Hewligan's Haircut (44p) and Sooner or Later (39). Even if Swifty's Return's in there, that's a total of 99 strip pages – under half the requirement. So what else might make it? The Dead is 49 pages. Tribal Memories is only 21. Shadows is 53. Freaks is 30. It strikes me that you could feasibly have a single blow-out Milligan volume in the UC that contained the vast majority of that – here's hoping. (I'd certainly upgrade my paperback HH for that.)

As for combined collections, I suspect they're a tough sell. But as I've said elsewhere, Leatherjack/Firekind would be an obvious one for the UC, not least given that the repro already exists.

broodblik

Was Revere ever collected in any format ?

Greg M.

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 August, 2018, 07:08:51 PM
Freaks is 30.

Don't forget Faces (I assume that was also written by Milligan).

Frank