Main Menu

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

Started by Jim_Campbell, 10 May, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Lambert

QuoteGames Radar have nothing to do with SFX, the article is complete conjecture, and we've complained to editorial about it.

That'll teach me to pay more attention when searching the internet - a Google entry brought me to the following link...
http://www.gamesradar.com/sfx/

Molch-R

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 11 May, 2017, 12:47:41 PM
That'll teach me to pay more attention when searching the internet - a Google entry brought me to the following link...
http://www.gamesradar.com/sfx/

The old SFX website (run by SFX staff) was folded into Games Radar, SFX now has nothing to do with Games Radar beyond the latter occasionally posting a bit of regurgitated content from the former - and there's certainly no editorial control. We have an excellent relationship with the SFX guys, which is what makes this piece all the more disappointing.

Andy Lambert

Thanks for the clarification, Molch-R - I only feel a little bit of a dork now.

abelardsnazz

I very excite.

It would be great if Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby reprise their roles, schedules permitting. There have been dream casting lists ad infinitum, but now we seem to be a step closer, here's a few ideas:

Death - John Hawkes
Chopper - Rupert Grint
Otto Sump - Timothy Spall
Dirty Frank - Noel Fielding
Hershey - Julie Graham
Mean Machine - Vinnie Jones
Giant - John Boyega
Orlok - Mads Mikkelsen
PJ Maybe - Taron Egerton
Max Normal - Simon Pegg

The Pit would be a great initial series to adapt, showing staright away the day to day life of the city & what the Judges have to deal with, similarly Low Life. Maybe each series (wish wish) could end with one of the big stories (Cal, Apocalypse War, Day of Chaos) from the point of view of the citizens and the next series deal with how the city has changed.

Andy Lambert

Doug Jones and Xavier Botet would get my vote to play the Dark Judges.

James Stacey

Well this is all rather marvelous news and gives us a few years of fevered conjecture to go on.  Would be good to have Mr Urban back and if his schedule allowed it I'm sure he'd be keen to throw his hat into the ring, the way he's championed the cause over the years. I'm disappointed Mr Wagner has had no involvement but it's early days and I'm sure he'll be called on in some capacity (if he even wants too).
Lets all get ready for the ride ... and no prejudging this time based on any leaked set photos :)

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: ZenArcade on 11 May, 2017, 12:43:46 PM
I don't think any old actor will do just because it's only a chin and voice, that's seriously underplaying what karl urban brought to the role. He 100% nailed it.

Agreed, and if the man's still tweeting about a role he did 6 years ago after going onto co star in Star Trek and Thor Ragnarok why wouldn't he take on Dredd again? He's proved he's perfect for the part to me, I'm sure he want's it more than anyone.

SuperSurfer

One year and 364 days to go!*

*approximately

SIP

Quote from: CYCLOPZ on 11 May, 2017, 02:22:38 PM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 11 May, 2017, 12:43:46 PM
I don't think any old actor will do just because it's only a chin and voice, that's seriously underplaying what karl urban brought to the role. He 100% nailed it.

Agreed, and if the man's still tweeting about a role he did 6 years ago after going onto co star in Star Trek and Thor Ragnarok why wouldn't he take on Dredd again? He's proved he's perfect for the part to me, I'm sure he want's it more than anyone.

I agree - this is a man who clearly WANTS to play Dredd. And i really want him to as well.

Let's hope that they want to go in that direction, he's affordable and he's  available!

I feel the same way about Olivia Thirlby, perfect for the part......and i would love to see  oth of them, but it's Dredd who is pivotal rather than Anderson.

Smith

Bit of a typecasting in the case of Vinnie Jones,isnt it? :D

Sandman1

That is some really great news. I hope this has a snowball effect and initiates projects in other media.   
Error...

IAMTHESYSTEM

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

marko10174

I think with todays social and political climate, they should really start with the democracy story lines and then introduce total war. Hell, Antifa basically are total war! There is plenty of scope for some great social commentary. "America" would be an awesome starting point. I'd love to see some"futsies" as well. Diary of a crazed citizen would make for an awesome episode. What is the name of that strip where a female citizen goes into a bar and literally beats a guy to death because she believes he stole her job? It then results in thousands of citizens going crazy as they all believe there'll be a new job opening. That strip would be great to show the bleakness of life in megacity one.

sheridan

Quote from: James Stacey on 11 May, 2017, 01:33:00 PM
Well this is all rather marvelous news and gives us a few years of fevered conjecture to go on.  Would be good to have Mr Urban back and if his schedule allowed it I'm sure he'd be keen to throw his hat into the ring, the way he's championed the cause over the years. I'm disappointed Mr Wagner has had no involvement but it's early days and I'm sure he'll be called on in some capacity (if he even wants too).

Have I missed something, did it say Wagner had no involvement yet?