Main Menu

Dredd vs Zombies on iPhone/iPad

Started by pauljholden, 01 December, 2011, 03:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip-r mk2

I'll have to wait on the android version as well , my iPod touch is to old, bugger!

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

COMMANDO FORCES

From the way it's being talked about on twitter and facebook there ain't gonna be an Android version. Way to go, miss out on the biggest market on the planet  :thumbsup:

Molch-R

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 December, 2011, 01:26:04 PM
From the way it's being talked about on twitter and facebook there ain't gonna be an Android version. Way to go, miss out on the biggest market on the planet  :thumbsup:

There may be more Android devices out there, but they don't spend anywhere near as much money as iOS users do. We'd quite like the game to make money, if that's cool?

Bolt-01

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 December, 2011, 02:39:59 PM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 December, 2011, 01:26:04 PM

There may be more Android devices out there, but they don't spend anywhere near as much money as iOS users do. We'd quite like the game to make money, if that's cool?

That's entirely Rebellions business, and I've no objection at all to them making money from the game; but this means they'll not see a groat from me for this.

COMMANDO FORCES

You tell em Bolt-01. I give up, I really do  :crazy:

Molch-R

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 02 December, 2011, 02:55:06 PM
You tell em Bolt-01. I give up, I really do  :crazy:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Spaceghost

I don't have any Apple devices that will play this but if an Android version came out I would definitely buy it.

I expect there's some sort of exclusivity contract preventing an Android version, for now at least. I wouldn't be surprised if one turned up eventually (unless Molch-R comes on and shoots the idea down...).
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Molch-R

Quote from: Lee Bates on 02 December, 2011, 03:14:03 PM
I expect there's some sort of exclusivity contract preventing an Android version, for now at least. I wouldn't be surprised if one turned up eventually (unless Molch-R comes on and shoots the idea down...).

Nope, not the case.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 December, 2011, 03:15:09 PM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 02 December, 2011, 03:14:03 PM

Nope, not the case.

Not the case that there's an exclusivity deal or not the case that there may be an Android version later?

Molch-R

Quote from: Lee Bates on 02 December, 2011, 03:18:52 PM
Not the case that there's an exclusivity deal or not the case that there may be an Android version later?

No to there being "some sort of exclusivity contract preventing an Android version".

Steven Sterlacchini

After playing it for a bit last night, I'm very impressed with the game play.

The lack of a little direction controller on the ipad usually makes them a pain in the arse to play, but this one worked okay for me and the auto target works well.

I think this platform could be built on. Perhaps a Dredd version without Zombies  ;) or 'swap out' the graphics for other characters.

The beauty of iPad games is that they can be updated by download, so if this starts getting a bit tired, they can just create more levels or upgrades to keep it interesting.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 December, 2011, 03:27:02 PM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 02 December, 2011, 03:18:52 PM

No to there being "some sort of exclusivity contract preventing an Android version".

Aha! So there may be an Android version at some point. I certainly hope so as I was momentarily concidering spending £500 on an ipad just to play a 69p game...

Molch-R

Quote from: Lee Bates on 02 December, 2011, 03:31:25 PM
Aha! So there may be an Android version at some point. I certainly hope so as I was momentarily concidering spending £500 on an ipad just to play a 69p game...

You should do that anyway.

*walks away, whistling*

Batman's Superior Cousin

Just wondering if it can be played on a Laptop?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Steve Green

Nope it's an iOS app.

With regards to the game itself, I think the controls work well given the limitations of no real feedback.

Only played a few levels, not sure how much the enemies are going to change since it's vs Zombies. It seems to be a bit vague on what the additional content actually does... Levels, adversaries, weapons?