Shooting completed for Judge Dredd

Started by Mike Carroll, 21 February, 2011, 05:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I can't believe they never called me up once  :'(

JOE SOAP

Buttonman

"Chief Executive Officer Nico Dekker"

Your great grand daughter has a date with Judgement Day!

MarsHottentot

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 February, 2011, 11:29:37 PM
It takes two.
Babaaaaay!  It Takes Two, Babaaaaay! To Make A Dream Come True!  It Takes Two!

From all I've read, dollar for dollar, the production got twice the value as they would have had the film been shot in, say, Montreal by shooting in South Africa.

I'm really excited for this.
"I'm Asking You...BEGGING You-My Flesh, My Blood... It's Not Too Late!  Fix It Joe! You - You And Rico - You Can Do It..." - Judge Fargo

JOE SOAP

The budget was $35million/R250million, not ginormous by any means.

MarsHottentot

You gonna poop on my parade everywhere go, Joe?
"I'm Asking You...BEGGING You-My Flesh, My Blood... It's Not Too Late!  Fix It Joe! You - You And Rico - You Can Do It..." - Judge Fargo

Buttonman

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 February, 2011, 11:56:21 PM
The budget was $35million/R250million, not ginormous by any means.

Hmm quite ginormous by my means. Lend us a quid?

Michaelvk

Quote from: MarsHottentot on 21 February, 2011, 11:42:28 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 21 February, 2011, 11:29:37 PM
It takes two.
Babaaaaay!  It Takes Two, Babaaaaay! To Make A Dream Come True!  It Takes Two!

From all I've read, dollar for dollar, the production got twice the value as they would have had the film been shot in, say, Montreal by shooting in South Africa.

I'm really excited for this.

That's cos we is CHEAP down here..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Buddy

Christov

Already?

Blimey.

They better do some form of viral advertising in the Summer to start the hype bubbling.

Buddy

Quote from: Christov on 23 February, 2011, 09:08:07 AM
Already?

I think they started last November with a break for Christmas so that's about three months filming.... about right for a film these days i think.

Should be ready for release well before the end of the year... I hope.

norse_sage

As far as shooting schedlues go, that is actually pretty darn good!
There are blockbusters budgeted at a 100 mill + that would kill for a shooting schedule that long.

Furthermore, there is no reason why the movie could not be completed by Q4 2011, so I sincerely hope the rumored Dec. 1 2011 release date for the UK is true.
I'd take a weekend trip to England for that.

ghostpockets

Quote from: MarsHottentot on 21 February, 2011, 11:42:28 PM

I wish it had been shot in Montreal though, I coulda maybe had a sneaky peaky then. Though I can't imagine Montreal's mish-mash of  Art Deco and Neo Gothic architecture doubling for Mega City 1 as well as Johannesburg. Maybe Gotham...

Also hoping for a December release as that will coincide with my next visit home. I'd much rather watch it in the UK with fellow Dreddheads (or even yer average yob wanting to see a film with big splosions) then surrounded by Canucks doing "I AM DUH LUHHHR" impressions.

JOE SOAP