Main Menu

Atavar - SPOILERS

Started by Leigh S, 27 April, 2002, 01:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

Tried to post on the other thread about this, but it wont let me respond.
Isnt the ending of Atavar pretty much the same as the ending of Vermin Stars? I know there are differences, but it's pretty much left me with the same feeling - throw a swerveball in at the very last minute about the motivation of the characters, realisation that the hero has been duped before the complete death of the entire universe?

Hmmmmmm...  I for one had been kind of interested in where Atavar would go, but the ending for me was a disappointment considering Abnett had done the very same thing in his last multipart story.

paulvonscott

Wotcher Watcher

I dunno about that, as I haven't read vermin start.  But as eveything between the first and last episodes has already slipped out of my mind, maybe it should have been a future shock.

Thread Zero

Watcher ,

You are SO RIGHT!!!

Great observation mate. Never saw it.
It is identitical. Hero duped. Bad guys win.

Oh well if you are gonna plagiarise, may as well be your own material.
I didn't like both stories much to be honest. Nice art though.

scojo

Matt

Atavar did feel like a multi-parter Future Shock. I didn't really connect with the characters & so didn't really give a shit if they lived or died. It could have done with more character development. Who was Atavar cloned from? What was he like? Why wasn't Atavar asking these questions himself? He just seemed to accept his existence.