Main Menu

Steam Box

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 27 September, 2013, 06:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

So here's the initial lineup of third-party Steam Machines.

Apparently they're quite expensive for the spec, but that's somewhat missing the point - after all they are designed as a stop-gap between a console and a 'proper' PC (and those who want to play PC games while sitting on their sofa) and are aimed at people who want PC gaming without the hassle.

I'm really, really intrigued by this, and far more interested in buying one of them than either of the big two consoles at this point.

I watched a demonstration clip of the controller and it looks incredibly interesting - I've always had disdain for playing games with a mouse and keyboard, so something that combines the form factor and tactile nature of a controller with the precision of a mouse looks fascinating. Really interested to see how the feedback works too.

http://kotaku.com/from-alienware-to-zotac-all-the-steam-machines-with-sp-1495960379/@tinaamini

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: radiator on 07 January, 2014, 04:46:59 PM
Apparently they're quite expensive for the spec, but that's somewhat missing the point - after all they are designed as a stop-gap between a console and a 'proper' PC

Much like the current gen of consoles

Quote from: radiator on 07 January, 2014, 04:46:59 PM
.... aimed at people who want PC gaming without the hassle.

HA! Remember when that was what consoles were for?
You may quote me on that.

Goaty

Value just release photo of update design for Steam Box controller.