Main Menu

The 2000AD Advent Calendar COMMENTS Thread!

Started by Pete Wells, 01 December, 2015, 12:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Broughton

Amazing work James.  I love the concept and the finished picture.  Thanks to Pete, David, VonBoom, Andy, the various groups and my friends on Facebook for the support. 

I am glad you are all enjoying it. Please don't forget to share that support on this thread for all the other amazing contributions. :-)

James Dilworth

Quote from: Andy Lambert on 10 December, 2015, 12:43:40 AMDon't how you're doing it - is it line drawing with digital colouring??

Yep.  I just scan the pencils and paint them in Photoshop CS3.  I mostly use the dry media brushes to get that heavy texture look.

Andy Lambert

Well, your technique and style is providing us with a series of fantastic artwork, mate - just wonderful!

Kudos too to megabus as the strip gets well under way - that main panel from today's page (10th) is fantastic!
The story reminds me of the best elements from Tremors, Aliens and Starship Troopers - it's great fun to read and must've been a blast to put together! :)

Andy Lambert

Meant to compliment MikeD on his brilliant Angel Gang strip too - great work, sir - lovely humour to it!

JayzusB.Christ

Sorry, folks, having interweb problems right now; I'll post my entry later today
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

von Boom

Jayzus Dublin is a richer city for your work. That should be up year round!

James she can judge me any time.

Megabus, what can I say. Your story is a treat as always.

:)

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: von Boom on 10 December, 2015, 07:25:50 PM
Jayzus Dublin is a richer city for your work. That should be up year round!

That was the plan, but it came off when I had a shower this morning.

Seriously, though, thanks for your kind words; and I forgot to say I'm loving the megabus strip; Judge Claus is outstanding (I've said it before but your art is like Charlie Adlard's Armitage stuff but better), and the old-fashioned Tharg word search looks genuinely beautiful.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Astonishing work as ever Jayzus B Christ but if I'm honest at first I thought you were being a bit risque having Rogue try to cop a feel!

Hawkmumbler

"Not pictured scrawny limbs and beerr belly"

Sorry Jayzus but this is what stood out to me. The image is in my head now. Damn you.

Link Prime

Fantastic thread so far.

JBC- very impressive work- I hope to see 'em first hand.

JayzusB.Christ

Thanks!

Just realised they've all been posted thumbnail sized , though. Not sure what's gone wrong. I'll try to post the full sized ones tomorrow

Devons Daddy

2000ad'ed up a Dublin city centre boozer, Kennedy's on Pearse St.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
BLOODY HELL!!!!!!
I am utterly amazed!

STUNNING
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

David Broughton

Your window art looks AMAZING! JayzusBChrist and it must have taken ages.  I love it :D

Thanks to JayzusBChrist, Andy, VonBoom and so many people on Facebook for the kind words, complements and support.  I'm glad you are all enjoying Judge Dredd Bad Crop.  It makes the time and effort put in to it well worth while.  Thank you! :) :) :)

Darren Stephens

More treats from a brilliant calendar! Love the window displays, Jayzuz. Mr Dilworth knocks out of the park yet again, too. Beautiful work sirs!
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Kerrin

HAPPY DROKKIN' CHRISTMAS SQUAXX!!

Loving the advent calender. The Dredd series is as usual fantastic. Nice work David!

Top marks on the pub windows Jayzus, they look ace.

Have a festive yule y'all.

Cheers, Kerrin.