Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

I hope he dies having a massive shit from eating too many burgers. He's never going to get impeached.

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 March, 2019, 02:17:27 PM
I hope he dies having a massive shit from eating too many burgers. He's never going to get impeached.

Fatal Trumping on the autopsy report.

M.I.K.

Comment I spotted on a Yahoo news story about the UK telling the EU to keep daylight savings time shifts...

M.I.K.

Space was also invented by the British in 1869, when Alexander MacHovercraft needed somewhere to store his cutlery.

IndigoPrime

Oh god. One of the reasons I'm dreading leaving the EU is because of the inevitable campaign that will follow to set UK time permanently to GMT (even though basically no-one uses the term GMT). So we'll get to enjoy 3am sunrises in the summer, but lose light evenings forever. But, hey, BRITISH AND GOD SAVE THE QUEEN AND *dies*

JayzusB.Christ

Don't worry. You'll soon have another British Empire that the sun never sets on.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

IndigoPrime

Is the UK going to invade the oceans, then? "This is all ours now! We've planted a flag!"

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 March, 2019, 07:58:26 PM
Is the UK going to invade the oceans, then? "This is all ours now! We've planted a flag!"

Imagine all the fishing rights you'll have then.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

At least until Atlaexit.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 March, 2019, 08:01:37 PMImagine all the fishing rights you'll have then.
UK: WE HAVE ALL THE FISH!
Everyone else: Who are you going to sell them to? You have no trade deals now, you fucking muppets.
UK: ...
Everyone else: ...
UK: Bugger.

titchard

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 March, 2019, 09:16:12 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 27 March, 2019, 08:01:37 PMImagine all the fishing rights you'll have then.
UK: WE HAVE ALL THE FISH!
Everyone else: Who are you going to sell them to? You have no trade deals now, you fucking muppets.
UK: ...
Everyone else: ...
UK: Bugger.

I guess we will have something to eat post-brexit then...  :lol:

IndigoPrime

Nice to see even the Guardian this morning not understanding what happened in the Commons last night. Yes, nothing got a majority. That wasn't the plan. It was to see what might be palatable. People's vote did a lot better than expected. CU almost secured a majority. Had parties actually allowed free votes, everything from Labour's plan, Boles's CM2, and revoke as a last resort may have passed too. If this gets to a second day on Monday, it'll be interesting times. (Tomorrow, reportedly, May will have another crack at getting her deal through. She should just weld a referendum to it and be done with it. That would almost certainly pass now.)

Rately

Sweet God. Will it ever end.

Leigh S

So is choosing the name "Change UK" (or "Change.org"!) supposed to be ironic?  iIs it all part of the new politics where you accuse your opponents of doing the very thing you are doing and vice versa?

Professor Bear

Change.org have already stated they are consulting solicitors.  What a car crash of a party limited company.