Main Menu

Pussie Thread

Started by Proudhuff, 17 December, 2009, 11:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Depends on your personality.
Do you admire independance... or need SOMETHING totally devoted to you...  :P

Christov

Two darling blue eyed kittens incoming next month, brace yourselves for an onslaught of pictorial evidence come February.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 January, 2010, 04:49:47 PM
Balls snipped of today...no mine tha cats, never got the option of having them made into earrings like Mrs Thatcher's.
You've got earrings made out of Maggie's balls?
We never really die.

Jared Katooie

Dandontdare

I think it was Winston Churchill (but he may have been quoting an old saying) who said:
"Cats look down on you; dogs look up to you; but pigs are equal". Haven't a clue what he meant by it however.

I may "admire" independence, but it's not a trait I want in a pet. Give me slavish devotion any day!

The Doctor Alt 8

Stringing along: audio reminder by police for public not to abuse 999Recording of woman who dialled 999 to report string-playing cat released by police to highlight misuse of emergency service

Two hours of a cat playing with a piece of string probably does not warrant a call to emergency services. Photograph: Larry Wadsworth/AP
As the woman surveyed the scene, she knew she had to act, and act quickly. Not only was her cat playing with string, it had been doing so for two hours.
Luckily for her, she was able to dial 999 and report the matter to Greater Manchester police.
The force has released an audio recording of the call to remind people the 999 emergency service should not be abused.
In the audio clip the woman, who has not been named, explained she had reached breaking point after a torrid two hours of relentless string play. "It's doing me head in," she said, in a voice that appears to be slurred.
Woman reports cat to the police Link to this audio
In another incident a man called 999 after becoming stuck on a patch of ice in Bolton.
Greater Manchester police said it received almost 1,377 calls between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, only a fraction of which were genuine emergencies.
The people of Greater Manchester are not the only 999 offenders. Cambridgeshire police have fielded calls from "a woman with a plummy accent" who was distressed that she couldn't find Homebase and another who wanted Tony Blair's number so she could tell him he was "her sort of chap".
Avon and Somerset's website has a whole section dedicated to inappropriate 999 calls, including a woman concerned about a squirrel with no hazelnut trees and another caller who wanted to know "what year the internet first came out." (Regular readers of this site will know, of course, that it was in 1969.)
Back in Manchester, a weary Superintendent Karan Lee, head of call handling, said: "We are still expecting a high volume of 999 calls on New Year's Eve. Research tells us that a very high percentage of these will not actually be related to an emergency."
• This article was amended on 5 January 2010. The original reported Greater Manchester police as saying they received almost 1.4m calls between Christmas Eve and Boxing Day. This has been corrected
more stupidity HERE http://themuseumofincompetance.yuku.com/directory

Dandontdare

A friend who works in mental health listened to that cat related 999 call and was absolutely horrified and outraged that this clearly unwell woman had been exposed to public humiliation in this way. Certainly made me see it in a different light, that's for sure.

staticgirl

That's a good point - I hadn't thought of that before.

I love cats and dogs equally for their different personalities.  Unfortunately like many, I rent and cannot have pets. However, I live on the ground-floor and have French windows which open out onto a major local cat highway so I often get friendly kits ask themselves in for a cuddle. I am in heaven when they do - on Sunday it was a three legged tortie of extreme cuteness.

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Dandontdare on 23 January, 2010, 08:51:13 PM
A friend who works in mental health listened to that cat related 999 call and was absolutely horrified and outraged that this clearly unwell woman had been exposed to public humiliation in this way. Certainly made me see it in a different light, that's for sure.

I'm sorry but unless it was discovered later that the caller did actually have mental health issues I would be very weary of this as an exsplination. NO health proffessional can diagnose a mental health issue on such flimsy eveidence no matter how exsperienced. It may be comforting to think that people have a mental health issue... instead of the nasty truth that there are some very dumb people out there... A belife that dosen't do the genuine sufferes no good at all. (Just like the very very rare cases of violence infliced on others when those who do have mantal health issues are far more likley to cause halm to themselves.)

vzzbux

Quote from: staticgirl on 27 January, 2010, 05:03:54 PM
I am in heaven when they do - on Sunday it was a three legged tortie of extreme cuteness.

Bloody mutant cats.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mike Gloady

Ah.  Cuuuuuute! 

Alergic to dogs AND cats.  Itch, cough, can't see and experience breathing difficulties.  So I guess this thread will have to supply my pet needs.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

JayzusB.Christ

Quoteon Sunday it was a three legged tortie of extreme cuteness.

The chances of them coming from Mars are a million to one...
AND STILL THEY COME.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 30 January, 2010, 09:10:47 PM
Ah.  Cuuuuuute! 

Alergic to dogs AND cats.  Itch, cough, can't see and experience breathing difficulties.  So I guess this thread will have to supply my pet needs.

In Germany you would have been sent for de-sentitising treatment...

Mike Gloady

Thank Cod I don't live in Germany.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

The Doctor Alt 8

ell you might say that but because of their aggresive stance on treating allergies they have a far lower death rate from asmtha attacks...