Main Menu

'80s Cartoon Glory

Started by El Spurioso, 26 October, 2006, 02:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnystress

well whadda you know- you're right!

I'd heard it was Gillan and this is why

"The Butterfly Ball [live]

Glover's Butterfly Ball was performed live at the Royal Albert Hall together with loads of guests, incl. Ian Gillan who thus did his first live performance since leaving Deep Purple."

ThryllSeekyr

There is another cartoon about a Dolphin and thats all I remember.

It had a very good them tune, though.

Mangamax

Er... go back up to my last one...
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

ThryllSeekyr

I saw the one you put up there.

Definitley not the one I had in mind though it did remind  of it.

All I know is that it had a catchy theme tune.

Lobo Baggins

Not a cartoon, or eighties, but I'm sure that anyone my age will remember this from their childhood...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omdCXEdVCT0" target="_blank">Apaches!

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

JOE SOAP

Fuck Hostel and teen gore flicks, Public Info Films were far more gritty & scary.

LARF

Keef Monkey

We were talking about Silverhawks in the pub today but couldn't remember the name of it, then opened this thread and it was mentioned almost immediately thus clearing up any confusion, spooky.

On the subject of theme tunes, does anyone know the lyrics to the Hero Turtles theme? When I hear it I still hear the line "These turtle farts don't cut 'em no slack" and no-one has been able to suggest a satisfactory alternative.

For my money, this deserves to be pumped up loud and danced to maniacally, for the immense Kenny Loggins style get up and go factor.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj55mHD2Pes" target="_blank">POLE POSISHO ON

Keef Monkey

Been scouring youtube now, Dino Riders was disappointing, Denver The Last Dinosaur was way more banging than I remember it, and this was awesome mainly because the singer approaches it with such conviction, it's pretty moving...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TXpPrVX_mU&mode=related&search=" target="_blank">Bouncing here and there and everywhere

Lobo Baggins

"Again, technically the '70s, but I never saw it until the '80s. TV was terrible for choice back then. For kids, it essentially boiled down to a choice between BBC1 or ITV..."

Tsk- and now with link...

Link: Doctor Snuggles

Had scripts by Richard Carpenter (Robin of Sherwood) and one by Douglas Adams and John Lloyd, apparently.

I hated Doctor Snuggles with a passion - however, my sister loved it so we often had to sit through it during lunch and/or dinner.  Fucking stripey trouser wearing twee twat...

On my last day at junior school, we were given an 'extra special treat' that consisted of sitting through about 30 episodes of Doctor Snuggles back to back on the school's new 'vaydeyo playing machine' - gah!
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.