Main Menu

Warlord Dredd Game!

Started by Leigh S, 02 October, 2019, 07:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Let's try that again, and hope that SMG (bulletin board server software) doesn't randomly change the font and text size again...

Quote from: sheridan on 30 November, 2019, 07:01:56 PM
Quote from: TordelBack on 30 November, 2019, 05:45:58 PMSo I cracked and added Arch-Villains to my list. I really like the Grice and Narcos figures, and the Bisley-style Mean is a nice counterpoint to the two-armed McMahon version from Mongoose. The Death is an improvement on the curiously chubby Mongoose one, although if there's one mini I have enough of its old Sidney.

What with my incomplete Citadel collection, my almost complete except for Cauldron of Blood Wargames Foundry miniatures, Osprey Helter Skelter and now Warlord miniatures, what I'm really hoping for next is characters that have never been miniaturised before!  My Sidney count: 3.  Mean count: 4 (two without arm, one with, can't remember which version Citadel released).  Gronk count: 4.

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 November, 2019, 05:47:41 PM
I meant to say "The 2013 Warlord minis game was bought complete from Mongoose, along with their minis,  and reissued."

Gotcha.

p.s. in case that imgur post link didn't work earlier, this one should second time lucky.

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 November, 2019, 06:39:51 PM
S'right,  the Citadel Lawmasters are teeny tiny, even small by comparison with the true-28mm judges of that line. The Mongoose ones seem a better fit with the Warlord version,  helped by the fact that the former is close to the old-school design,  as opposed to Warlord's Willsher leanings.

Ah, is Mongoose the one between Brit-Cit 'Iron Lion' and Willshermaster?

TordelBack

Don't think so, the Mongose is very updated-McMahon, all headlights and drop-handlebars:

Although the casting is shitty enough to be Mongoose.

TordelBack

Not wanting to derail the thread with non-Warlord stuff,  but looking at Sheridan's mystery lawmaster again,  I wonder could it be the unassembled form of the Mongoose Tek Judge bike? Anyone have that model?

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 30 November, 2019, 10:54:33 PM
Not wanting to derail the thread with non-Warlord stuff,  but looking at Sheridan's mystery lawmaster again,  I wonder could it be the unassembled form of the Mongoose Tek Judge bike? Anyone have that model?

I've looked through the Mongoose blog and it doesn't look like any of the lawmasters there.  I've taken more dtailed photos

(that's the back view, without handlebars, because if you buy second-hand lawmasters they always seem to be missing the handlebars)

TordelBack

Wow, that's amazing - a real baroque Ron Smith job!  Definitely not Mongoose. This looks like a real rarity - to Google Images!

Mikey

I so want one or more of the Mongoose Lawmasters. Thought I'd found a source last year in Spain but they'd just neglected to take them down from their website. Picked up a bunch of what they did have mind. I picked up a mound of stuff from Foundry during their end of line sale - I've got as far as putting the ABC Warriors on their bases and that's it...
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

moly

Really impressed with the warlord figures but have no time and pants at painting so waiting for someone to post some completed on eBay for sale

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 01 December, 2019, 08:39:06 AM
Wow, that's amazing - a real baroque Ron Smith job!  Definitely not Mongoose. This looks like a real rarity - to Google Images!

Didn't notice the other Eagle on the back of the seat until now - just the one above the indicators!

More Eagles!

Is that meme too old?  Try a more modern one!  Put an eagle on it!

sheridan

With the amount of miniatures I've received this weekend, along with the Stront ones from last year, plus all the Citadel miniatures I've had mainly unpainted for *gasp* three decades now, it's probably about time I started constructing them and painting them, eh?

So, recommendations for type of glue to use on metal (some of which has undercoat), plastic and new-fangled resin?  Also, for those who actually play - any suggestions on best type of measuring device?  I seem to remember Citadel/Games Workshop had a plastic 'rod' ruler that could fit between buildings better than a conventional ruler.  Not that I have any idea when I'll actually get to play with them.  Maybe next year's Lawless?  Guess I'll need one of those self-healing cutting mats - it'll certainly look a bit better in the background of any photos!

Leigh S

I find Gorilla Super Glue Gel good for metal - not used it on my resin yet! will take a photo of todays haul!

Trooper McFad

I use the Vallejo paint range which I find pretty good as you can squeeze a drop or 2 out at a time on your mixing palette.
I have found I've been overwhelmed with the amount of figures and lack of time (steady hands & poor eye sight) no way I could do the figures justice like you see from Lee or on the Warlord site so I have decided to go down a shades of grey (old style prog) painting scheme for my Stront figures. I use 2 /3 shades as base colours & with washes & highlights I'm pretty pleased with the results. Just to had a little colour I pick an item to do "properly" i.e the Stront badge or the eyes of Kansyr.
I'm thinking of doing the same with the Dredd stuff so I can actually start playing the game s wee bit quicker.
Good luck Sheridan it sounds as if you've got a fair few to do there
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

TordelBack

Quote from: Leigh S on 01 December, 2019, 12:21:11 PM
I find Gorilla Super Glue Gel good for metal - not used it on my resin yet! will take a photo of todays haul!

Agreed, the Gorilla Gel stuff is great on metal, but so is Loctite etc.- any basic cyanoacrylate superglue really, but never that plastic cement stuff. Just be sure to scrape off any undercoat or paint on the joints themselves, wash the parts in water with a drop of washing-up liquid, and maybe drill-and-pin heavier pieces first. 

Never glued resin before, but I imagine the same stuff works.

Mikey

Like the sound of the grey colour scheme McFad - I did a couple of Dredd & Death busts in a similar fashion, never thought of doing minis the same way. Hmmm...

As regards painting and building metal and resin minis, I've just used UHU super glue and it's worked fine. Think any superglue should do the trick. I'm an anachronism in that I use enamel paints (Humbrol & Revel) as that's what I'm used to, but appreciate that acrylics are probably easier in many respects. I've some clear acrylics that work well for 'glass' and to add a coloured sheen to darker colours, plus the usual washes and weathering powders to grime stuff up.

Can't wait to get my geek space ready to go - I'm buying paint (for the walls) today  :)
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

TordelBack

Quote from: Mikey on 01 December, 2019, 11:27:58 AM
I so want one or more of the Mongoose Lawmasters.

I'd be happy with the one I already paid extra for in their 2012 KS. And the Judge Dredd mini. And the Justice Dept weapons pack. And the Justice Dept boxset. And the hover version of the pat-wagon I asked for.

In fairness, it's my own fault, after 5 years of emails, assurances and occasional packages I just gave up. I did get a Lawmaster with Spikes Harvey Rotten, but no judge to ride it... Mongoose are a shower.