Main Menu

FUTURE SHOCK! 2000AD Documentary announced

Started by JamesC, 03 April, 2013, 12:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Krakajac

Well, there you go.  I've somehow been accessing the US version of iTunes for some time.  Switched over to the Oz version - and yep, it's there.  $19.00AUD to buy.  $6.99AUD to rent.  Thanks!

COMMANDO FORCES

7th December looks like the official release date of this beauty on disc. Just check online retailers, so you can pre-order now :D

Colin YNWA

Good spot John, that is great news. Just a shame for the team that they didn't get a wider cinema release.

ming

Excellent news.  And just in time for Christmas!  :)

Colin YNWA

Well it would appear I spoke too soon. According to the latest Thrill mail Future Shock is getting a limited cinema release as well as the DVD outing.Fantastic news

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

chris_askham

I shall be off to see this at Nottingham's Broadway tomorrow night, with a q+a from the director and a couple of droids I believe. Looking forward to it!

paddykafka

Just to let my fellow Irish Squaxx know, that FUTURE SHOCK will be showing in the Irish Film Institute, Temple Bar, Dublin this coming Saturday 24th October at 6.30pm as part of Horrorthon. Producer Sean Hogan and artist Kevin O'Neill will be there for the event also. I'm currently holding onto my ticket with a fervor akin to Gollum's love for The Precious.

http://www.ifi.ie/future-shock-the-story-of-2000ad

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

chrisfil

Quote from: paddykafka on 21 October, 2015, 10:06:34 AM
Just to let my fellow Irish Squaxx know, that FUTURE SHOCK will be showing in the Irish Film Institute, Temple Bar, Dublin this coming Saturday 24th October at 6.30pm as part of Horrorthon. Producer Sean Hogan and artist Kevin O'Neill will be there for the event also. I'm currently holding onto my ticket with a fervor akin to Gollum's love for The Precious.

http://www.ifi.ie/future-shock-the-story-of-2000ad

Just saw this in the IFI - great documentary!

Mike Carroll

My wife and I were there too! It's a great documentary - definitely on the must-buy list!

And it was fantastic to finally meet Kevin O'Neill, too. I admit that I went over all fanboyish and blathered incoherently at him for a few minutes. I don't think he minded!

-- Mike

JOE SOAP

It was a great screening and turn-out.

Future Shock is a brilliantly structured compression of the 2000AD story that looks beautiful and is never boring; it's frank and honest in a way that fittingly reflects the attitude 2000AD fought to have as a comic and it's not afraid to go to the places you may not expect it to go to and ask questions that ought to be asked - it's also very funny. The opening titles and chapter stops feature lovely animated moments of classic 2000AD black and white art and throughout its duration the aptly scored music punctuated and never intruded.

This is not hyperbole but it's the best film I've seen about a comic.

Thanks to Rebellion for allowing the crew to make such an honest film (I really can't see such a film being made about any comic across the water) and thanks to Stanton Media/Deviant Films for making it. The 3 years were worth it.

The Q&A with Kevin O'Neill and Producer Sean Hogan was great: Kevin O'Neill said there's a final LOEG comic to "wrap it all up" and more Marshall Law on the way and Sean Hogan said if they get enough good response from the DVD and social media requests there may well be a limited edition blu-ray with extras on the way.

Steve Green

Here's hoping - sounds like something that genuinely could work via kickstarter for once.

See what the market is for an extended cut and sort out the additional clearance and production costs.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 October, 2015, 10:52:40 PM
sounds like something that genuinely could work via kickstarter for once.

I mentioned it to the producer afterwards so maybe...