Bristol Expo 2006 - 13-14 May

Started by nick-is-at-home, 07 May, 2006, 11:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

W. R. Logan

>How do you get into Zarjaz?

by not getting in to 2000 AD 8-)

Al_Ewing

Low blow, although not a billion miles from the truth in my case. What I'd like to see - and what this new cover promises - is Zarjaz moving from the 'failed 2000AD' stereotype and into something more along the lines of 'alternative, screwed-up, freaky version of 2000AD'. We'll see.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

WoD

Sounds like a promising idea to me.

Bico

'Alternative, screwed-up, freaky version of 2000ad'

Didn't Mark Millar and Grant Morrison already try that?

Al_Ewing

Yeah, it was great.

Zarjaz is a unique opportunity - a fusion of the do-anything, go-anywhere vibe of the small press with the iconic UK maisntream. And it looks cool too. There's so much potential here it's glowing - it's like ripe fruit sitting in the tree waiting to be plucked.

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Well, I'm going and I will be getting Zarjaz as well as trying to get work from them. I was going to be in Lost Property but Daves doing that after Bristol which is fair enough.

Actually, if any small press group neeeds any back up art - give us a bell. I'll be the lanky fool in the sharpest suit at the con.

Finn Sinn

peepsbutlerdroid

Zarjaz welcomes script and art submissions from anyone who wants to have a shot.

Its well known that people who want to get into 2000AD have to start by doing a future shock or terror tale. With Zarjaz you can have a crack at ANY character from 2000ADs long history! (Well, except those created by Pat Mills).

We also like to try out art styles that are more diverse than you get in the regular title.

I feel like we are going from strength to strength with the new issue - but I'm biased.

And yes Al, you're not in this issue. But you were in issue 1 and you're in the next issue - so don't feel too hard done by!

hag

gah, if i wasn't heading to a wedding i'd be there. buying things i shouldn't and tarting about.

Dog Deever

I was supposed to be going , AND someone else was paying! But i can't go- would have been my first one too. I hate this thread!
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Carlsborg Expert

I don't want to start a fad but I will also plump for an Al Ewing guide to creating your own mini~comic;the art of express entertainment, on its release.

I do hope the lawgiver models are in there too.As mini star~scans.

Al_Ewing

You don't need a guide. Just do it. You've still got time to get to the copy shop if you hurry.

Carlsborg Expert

Well, I got my ticket todaty I head off at 10am tomorrow morn.Arrive in Bristol via National snail at 5pm.

I'm interested in evrybody elses travel plans.

paulvonscott

I'm heading off later than planned,m but at least I geta  lie in.  Should be there about the samew time as CE, possibly 3ish if I'm lucky

W. R. Logan

Get up early & pack, leave at 10:00hrs, down the A14, M11, M25, M4, drive through Bristol, pick up PJ, drive back to Bristol, park car, drop off bag, pick up beer at 16:35hrs, sip, sit, relax.

04:18hrs collapse, crawl in to lift, along corridor & in to bed.