Main Menu

Bristol Expo 2006 debriefing!

Started by House of Usher, 15 May, 2006, 03:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

One piece of gossip I was hearing is that there won't be a Brighton Expo in the autumn. I haven't been reading the email digests from the Comics International Yahoo group lately, but I reckon that would be the place to get the definitive version.
STRIKE !!!

Dudley

The revere EE is still a ways off.

That's the naffest news I've heard in some time.

http://www.cemexangling.co.uk/images/comp/Chavs-Inependant.jpg">

Why, God, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?????????????

The Enigmatic Dr X

So, if my arithmetic is right and assuming Origins follows The Connection then that's 29 - 32 episodes for Origins (depending on when it finishes in February).

While a lot, I feel mildly disappointed. Counting in The Connection, the whole thing is shorter that Block Mania - Apocalypse War
Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

...But longer than any Dredd since...well...someone else will know but you know what I'm getting at.

Ah cannae wait.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

paulvonscott

I wouldn't discount connections, and any stories that might follow on afterwards.  Wagner has done this a lot with titles such as Sin City and Total war, written what are basically introductions and epilogues to the tales in the form of additional stories.

Cheers

Paul

paulvonscott

Oh and can I say how much I enjoyed Mitch Benn's song '2000AD - you made a freak out of me', which was the highlight of the evening awards, and very very true.  If anyone managed to get a copy with some digi-gadget, I'd love a copy!

Also well done to the megazine for winning best colour comic, well deserved.  

It was a shame Charley's War didn't win best reprint, but what can you do against Watchmen!?

Satanist

"While a lot, I feel mildly disappointed. Counting in The Connection, the whole thing is shorter that Block Mania - Apocalypse War"

Oh and another random thought. In the old Mega Epics the first page of a new episode was usually a recap of the last page of the previous episode, so theyre not as long as they seem.

So there  ;-D

Sorry for rambling but I just had a deep fried battered half pizza for lunch and I dont feel very...ERK!!!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Carlsborg Expert

I think Fazer Irving is mnaybe doiing some art on Dredd sometime after Origins.Did I get this correctly?

Edgington and D'Isreali are teaming up to continue the time machine building nutter who keeps trying to escape back to a time anywhere far from Judge Dredd.

The Brain version of him has a plan...

Spurrior is busy as you could probabley guess with mopre Dominoes.

Is still think he and Boo Cook should write/draw a fresh set of adventures of Ace and Co.

As soon as I get there I find out the brilliant Dom Reardon is doing the artwork on Ten Seconders.

Colin MacNiel opened up about his collaberation with Bish-Op in the MNeg. He said the were trying for a "Usual Suspects" sense of flashback in the tail of Fiends of the Eastern front.

Carlsborg Expert

Al Ewings been given the go ahead on a series too. He's happy.

W. R. Logan

>While a lot, I feel mildly disappointed.

Wagner writes the longest epic for years and only just shorter than the 26 part epics of old and you're mildly dissapointed.

W. R. Logan

>Apparently there isn't going to be a Dreddcon this year either, but that was rumour.

which wouldnt suprise me as February next year is the 30th birtday.

Carlsborg Expert

There may be some sort of scaled down Pub thing going off for Dreddcon.

W. R. Logan

>I think Fazer Irving is mnaybe doiing some art on Dredd sometime after Origins.Did I get this correctly?

don't know, thought you'd collapsed and were spark out for a good chunk of the 2000 AD panel.

W. R. Logan

I would have thought there would have been more comments on the outburst by Dez Skinn on the awards stage and how the awards just went downhil there after.

Carlsborg Expert

Yeah that Dez Skinn was a dickhead wasn't he. Apparently, on giving the award he said that another bunch actually deserved it more and that Tooth and the Meg would be liquidated by next year and this is why they won!
He was wankered on beer and he tryed apologising to Tharg the next day . Tharg shunned him.

And I was resting my eyes...I was listening to what they were saying.