Main Menu

Meg 405 - The Fear Factor

Started by Richard, 16 February, 2019, 05:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Part of that relates to format - we get small chunks of a story in monthly batches and so many other comics read inbetween. You are right a great strip can flow seamless from episode to episode and keep you engaged enough to follow episode to episode. Can a great strip not also be one that you enjoy each chunk but offers complex levels and ideas that while hard to follow (and I speak for myself there) make you want to return to explore in a different ways?

Some of my favourite comics have lost me on first pass but encouraged me enough to go back to to work with again. After all we pay enough for the bloomin' things wanting to read them again to get more should be a bonus!

Magnetica

Yes there is definitely an element of that. There are though strips with large casts and lots going on that are still easy to read...like Lawless.

broodblik

Blunt to put it bluntly is not a strip I will revisit. I feel disconnected with the characters and they all look the same.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Oh definately not expecting others to want to revisit - I was just explaining why I think you don't have to 'get' a strip to enjoy it and consider it a great story.

DrJomster

Lovely last page in The Torture Garden this month!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.