Main Menu

Rogue Trooper?

Started by Angry Vince, 05 October, 2011, 01:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Vince

Just picked this up this morning - Grant Morrison penning script for Rogue Trooper for Sam Worthington's production company.

Early days, but Squeee?!

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32121
Angry Vince: One Man Against the World! (So far the world is winning 96:0)

Hoagy

Shako'd be an all rounder big hit.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Angry Vince

What happened to my 'edit' button.

Anyway, some of you sharper guys may have spotted that this is already out in the News section.
http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,34415.0.html

I'll put it down the RWC making me a little slow at present...

Hoagy

Yeah, but reading through, it was not looking more than a rumour. So either Empire are either sucked into it or there's something official floating about.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Angry Vince

Hard to say and it could be a loooong time before we hear any more news.

CYCLOPZ

Just saw the story ay Empire. News travels fast around here.

JayzusB.Christ

Grant Morrison writing Rogue Trooper? Hard to imagine, but he'd pull it off.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Meathook

Each peach pear plum!

COMMANDO FORCES

I would go with the war and start up of the GI's being explained before the titles. When the titles start we are in the mission brief for the drop onto the Quartz Zone, as the directors name is on screen we watch Rogue strap into his drop pod, then fade to black and silence.

A couple of seconds later we open up with explosions and fire as the drop pods enter the atmosphere. From then on it's action all the way, till the end.

The ending could be the reveal about the traitor general, leading up to a sequel  :thumbsup:

JOE SOAP

Of course there's no actual journalism from Empire here just copy & paste.

Angry Vince

Who needs journalism when we have unsubstantiated rumours?

I say we let the various websites and journo's of the world repeat the rumour until it gains enough critical mass to become reality.

Or we spread these rumours ourselves, build up our hopes and watch them get cruelly crushed by an uncaring movie industry and then we all commit suicide a la Jim Jones?

Kool Aid on standby.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Angry Vince on 05 October, 2011, 11:10:20 PM
Who needs journalism when we have unsubstantiated rumours?

I say we let the various websites and journo's of the world repeat the rumour until it gains enough critical mass to become reality.
When did that ever work for Dredd? Until now, that is.

Mudcrab

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 October, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
I would go with the war and start up of the GI's being explained before the titles. When the titles start we are in the mission brief for the drop onto the Quartz Zone, as the directors name is on screen we watch Rogue strap into his drop pod, then fade to black and silence.

A couple of seconds later we open up with explosions and fire as the drop pods enter the atmosphere. From then on it's action all the way, till the end.

The ending could be the reveal about the traitor general, leading up to a sequel  :thumbsup:

Yes! I'd be happy with Worthington being Rouge, he's action hero material without being too much of a dick.

As for this comment from Empire...

"I'd like to see Rogue Trooper directed by Zack Snyder in the style of 300"

Gunnar? Head shot, now!  :lol: Seriously, the 300 style got old very quickly, it's the style of a Guiness advert.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Michaelvk

Sam's got some experience in playing blue blokes..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

James Stacey

Quote from: Lobster Doug on 06 October, 2011, 01:00:26 PM
Yes! I'd be happy with Worthington being Rouge

We're arguing if Rogue should be blue not red :)