Main Menu

Prop sale

Started by Steve Green, 26 October, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisticuffs

I always figured that with his days spent seemingling sat endlessly in front of his monitor he attempted to pass the time and relieve boredom by using whatever he had to hand.

dracula1

Yep! makes sense. As another boarder mentioned, 'Dredd the film that keeps on giving.'

Fisticuffs

Watched it again last night, quickly coming round to the opinion that Domhnall Gleeson delivers the best performance in the film. He truly looks like a whipped and broken dog, really makes you feel sorry for him.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 21 January, 2013, 06:25:20 PM
I wonder why Lex's helmet is missing not just the visor but also by the looks of it the liner too? Looks like it's just the (fibreglass?) shell.

Probably because it simply fell out. The visors were cut from motorcycle visors and were clamped in place to make sure they stayed that way when glued.. Obviously this means it's under a lot of tension. Also, they're generally just tossed in a box at the end of the shoot because by that point in time, nobody cares any more.

On a similar note, the two toned visor you see was an early version. The two tone was dropped quite quickly.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Dunk!

Competition in this months Total Film to win the corrupt female judges upper body armour + 4 runners-up prizes of Dredd seen-on-screen tat.

Save yourself buying it, or using WHSmiths like a fuckin library, and just text DREDD A to 87474.

You're then answering Joseph to the question: "What is Dredds first name?"

Probably cost money to enter, so be warned.

Bad luck and hope none of you win over me.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

COMMANDO FORCES

I bet the answer is C  ;)

Stan

I was right!

Costs a quid on top of a normal text.

strangelysaucy

props, scribbles and fiddle-aboutery - https://www.facebook.com/Strangelysaucy

Fisticuffs

So glad I didn't text that number, I was tempted! :D

Colin YNWA

Quote from: strangelysaucy on 22 January, 2013, 01:32:10 PM
or you can do it here FERFREE!

http://www.totalfilm.com/competitions/win-props-and-costumes-from-dredd

Nice one cheers. In the pot, but expect a lot of people will be. Great competition. I wonder if the one shown is the one up for grabs, if so extra treat for comic fans as it had DeMarco on the badge.

Dunk!

Pfft. Cheapskates.

*enters online competition too*
"Trust we"

The Sherman Kid

The corrupt female Judge was called Kaplan not Demarco?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 22 January, 2013, 05:43:32 PM
The corrupt female Judge was called Kaplan not Demarco?

The armour in the competition is made for a male.

Stan

At least I didn't have to give them my full bio for the text entry.

Spikes