Main Menu

Prop sale

Started by Steve Green, 26 October, 2012, 03:45:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 January, 2013, 06:08:31 PM
That pushed it up to £5,100 I'm sweating now  :lol:

Fucking hell John! Take a deep breath, sir. There's another week to go!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Steve Green

I think you're safe CF.

Someone on the RPF reckons it'll go for £20K +

I doubt that, but I reckon £10K+ is likely.

Buttonman

Some crackers here - would like the Japhet family photo and frame to stick on the mantle and see who twigs.

Pondering this I thought I'd go to £200 for a belt or badge but it looks like that'll be lucky to get me a bit of lint from Ma-Ma's briefs.

Remember the VAT John - £6k = £7200! Better get that overtime sheet marked up!

I think they did right by putting the auctions up one at a time rather than as a block - staggering them means we can all jump from one to the next as we lose each auction.

COMMANDO FORCES

I ain't gonna win it but it is fun just to leap in now and again and put a large bid in. I was on the phone to another forum member laughing about the bids and Caz walked in. She said that she would NOT buy me the uniform for my birthday but I could remortgage the house. I hope she wasn't pulling my leg but I do have my witness ;)

Buttonman

I see the rifle cannot be sold to UK bidders so dispel any notions of using it to stick up the bank to pay your £7k Prop Store bill!

opaque

Quote from: Dunk! on 28 January, 2013, 05:57:08 PM
So the winner of the Dredd costume won't know if they're sniffing Karl Urbans sweaty crotch remnants or an unknown stuntmans.

Huh, less of an incentive right there.

Well for some of the things they mentioned before it started they called it 'Hero' so the fact that none of these things say that or screen used does make you wonder don't they.

Fisticuffs

They seem to have stopped putting stuff up, going to spread it over a few days maybe?

strontium71

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 January, 2013, 06:16:16 PM
I ain't gonna win it but it is fun just to leap in now and again and put a large bid in. I was on the phone to another forum member laughing about the bids and Caz walked in. She said that she would NOT buy me the uniform for my birthday but I could remortgage the house. I hope she wasn't pulling my leg but I do have my witness ;)

It's £5900 at the moment - I reckon you should play auction roulette : When it reaches your £6k limit - increase it to £7k and so on then see how long it takes for your nerve to break :lol:
...because I hate you.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Fisticuffs on 28 January, 2013, 06:55:16 PM
They seem to have stopped putting stuff up, going to spread it over a few days maybe?

20 items a day, over 10 working days.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm still leading on one item  :thumbsup: :crazy:

von Boom

At this rate the sale of props could finance a sequel. Dig deep CF, dig deep.

Stan

Quote from: blackmocco on 28 January, 2013, 05:51:11 PM
Jesus, it's like people throwing wood on the fire. Bidding this early's just like bidding against yourself pushing the prices up. I'll be waiting til the end of the auction/week before opening the gates of Hell. Those licence plates look good.

Indeed. Unless it's to jack up the price of unaffordable items out of sheer spite, of course.

Just be ready to leave the country in six days.

COMMANDO FORCES

There's no fun in just waiting till the last second and putting a bid in. Life is too short to be bland, live life to the full and enjoy yourself NOW :lol:

Pete Wells

blackmocco

Quote from: Stan on 28 January, 2013, 07:16:27 PM
Quote from: blackmocco on 28 January, 2013, 05:51:11 PM
Jesus, it's like people throwing wood on the fire. Bidding this early's just like bidding against yourself pushing the prices up. I'll be waiting til the end of the auction/week before opening the gates of Hell. Those licence plates look good.

Indeed. Unless it's to jack up the price of unaffordable items out of sheer spite, of course.

Just be ready to leave the country in six days.

Already did, Stan! These'd be Los Angeles bound!
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com