Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 25 July, 2010, 03:19:16 PM
Not that I disagree one whit with the sentiment, but the GardaĆ­'s actual complaint was that their benchmarked pay, overtime payments, generous allowance system and pension entitlements (90% of their final pension fund comes from the taxpayer, 10% from their own contributions) are under threat as part of cutbacks in public sector spending - along with most everyone else (public spending cuts that are genuinely necessary as tax revenues literally implode).  The reason for the strong language is that they aren't permitted to strike, so words are all they have.  I wouldn't mistake it for an altruistic defense of  representative democracy (although our cops do have a pleasantly light touch, and I wouldn't do their job for a sackful of IPads).  

But yeah, economic treason, that's pretty much it.

Thats not the impression i got from reading the article but hopefully its the thin end of the wedge.

18 percent approval rating for Brian Cowan  :lol: :lol:

Thats one used up and washed up sellout politician but theres plenty more where that came from.

The article also states that the Irish bailouts were the most expensive but i disagree with that completely unless it has been calculated on some kind of per capita basis.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

"Yeah, I do get that TLS, and I'm all about fair taxation..."

Sorry, Tords - I know I'm a broken record when it comes to this and I do go on about it waaaaay too much.  :-[  :-X
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Not at all squire, it's all part of an interesting conversation.  As Data would say, please continue with the pointless bickering!  What I really meant to do was call into question the motives behind that 'speech' (the article casts it in the light of a heroic people's police force standing up to its despotic masters - sort of like Mace Windu going to arrest Chancellor Palpatine, whereas in reality it's a plea to maintain the status quo), rather than to oppose its message, which I (pretty much) agree with.  

The Legendary Shark

We all know that some corporations think nothing of destroying ordinary people like you and me to turn a buck. We grumble about it and don't do much because, well, there are agencies and government departments to protect us, right? Occasionally, though, something comes along to demonstrate just how little we matter when compared to profits. One such thing is the documentary "GasLand," about the process of hydraulic fracturing, or "fracking," which I just watched with horror. Fracking may be coming to Europe, if we don't stop it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1558250/

I urge everyone to do a search and watch it online or download it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 July, 2010, 05:39:47 AM
We all know that some corporations think nothing of destroying ordinary people like you and me to turn a buck. We grumble about it and don't do much because, well, there are agencies and government departments to protect us, right? Occasionally, though, something comes along to demonstrate just how little we matter when compared to profits.

The BP disaster proves that govts collude with multinationals or are subservient to them plus the fact that govt agencies do nothing to protect you.Govt is the very last thing i would expect help from and if anything protection is needed against Govt and corporation.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 July, 2010, 05:39:47 AMOne such thing is the documentary "GasLand," about the process of hydraulic fracturing, or "fracking," which I just watched with horror. Fracking may be coming to Europe, if we don't stop it.

If you mean THIS, then it may indeed be coming to Blackpool. Or rather "a geological formation that stretches from Pendle Hill to the Lancashire coast near Blackpool", which is where I grew up and comprises the Ribble Valley and the Trough of Bowland, some of the loveliest countryside in Lancashire.

I am not a happy bunny.

The Legendary Shark

I live in the Ribble Valley, just across the marshes from St Anne's.

I can feel a crusade coming on, especially if even half of what I saw in that documentary is true (for example, tap-water that can be set on fire as it comes out of the tap!).

My happy bunnyness has also plummeted.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 July, 2010, 07:35:00 PM
I can feel a crusade coming on, especially if even half of what I saw in that documentary is true (for example, tap-water that can be set on fire as it comes out of the tap!).
ARSOM! I would buy a house there if it's guaranteed.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 July, 2010, 02:18:42 PM
Why the world needs WikiLeaks

http://www.ted.com/talks/julian_assange_why_the_world_needs_wikileaks.html?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2010-07-20

Why indeed  :-*

Beware of Wikileaks.

Wikileaks and Julian Assange are rather suspect.Not so long ago or very recently Julian Assange was on a wanted list and in hiding in undisclosed locations because of the Apache helicopter video footage and the next thing you know he is giving talks for the Globalist/Elitist TED organisation whose talks are sponsored by one of those nasty corporations that are part of the military/industrial complex.The next thing you know he is in London giving speeches.

The thinking is that Wikileaks is there to create the pretext for govt clampdowns on freedom on the internet by releasing all this "classified" military material and documents.

Julian Assange releases 92,000 highly classified military documents or logs or whatever about Afghanistan and Pakistan and Iran and he is giving speeches in public about it ?

Alarm bells are ringing and the bullshit detector is going off.

If the intelligence agencies and those that control the US govt etc etc really wanted to stop the info being leaked then it has had every opportunity to do so and every means at their disposal not to mention they had advance notice for weeks that Wikileaks were going to release the info as Julian Assange talked about this recently when he was allegedly in hiding as i mentioned above.This leak of info is being allowed to happen and its also interesting how a lot of the info being leaked is actually reinforcing the agenda of the War On Terror fraud by whistleblowing all this info to do with funding and training of Al Queada and the Taliban by Iran and Pakistan and no doubt other countries like Somalia etc etc.

Its very convoluted but Wikileaks is working in cooperation with various govts,intelligence agencies[CIA/Mossad etc] and are also suspected to be linked to George Soros who is allegedly behind the idea of moving Wikileaks to Iceland and in Iceland being set up as apparent "Safehaven" for internet freedom.

Its all very suspect and its my thinking that Wikileaks [I always thought that was an odd choice of name] are not what they appear and that Julian Assange is some kind of CIA/Mossad asset.

Theres more than that and a lot more besides but that will do for now.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 July, 2010, 11:57:26 PM
http://www2.fylde.gov.uk/1/00/04/47/00044748.pdf

https://www.og.decc.gov.uk/upstream/licensing/onshore_10th/Basin_HC_prosp.pdf

http://nohotair.typepad.co.uk/no_hot_air/2010/03/first-uk-shale-gas-well.html

Cuadrilla is backed by the Carlyle Group. Oh shit. We'd best start stocking up on drinking water.

The Carlyle Group and Halliburton are closely connected as they share the same investors/shareholders.

The Legendary Shark

Collecting Rainwater Now Illegal In Many States In USA:  http://www.countercurrents.org/adams280710.htm
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

JOE SOAP

This...thread...is...dead.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Garageman on 30 July, 2010, 11:23:28 PM
This...thread...is...dead.

Its not dead at all as it is just in a coma the majority of the time.