Main Menu

Absolute Whooey

Started by Eric Plumrose, 06 December, 2006, 05:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelAWilkinson

Not wanting to play the clown (alright, I am), but Ade! That emperor DOES have clothes on. Seriously, have a look.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

paulvonscott

It's a shame Robin Hood wasn't very good.  What Doctor Who needed was some serious competition to force it to improve.  There isn't anything that glossy made especially for kids in this country.  A cracking concept and some real drama could pull it off.

Can't get worked up about the christmas episode, it will be what it will be. I'll no doubt be watching it with my brother, but am going to make this my last Doctor Who year if I can manage to beak the habit of watching it just to be dissapointed/annoyed.

I'm just waiting for the to see if Torchwood has a second series.  Just to see if it is possible to make bullshit walk.

Anyway, I think we're talking about a month till Life on Mars which I'm genuinely looking forward to.  After that, no idea what will turn up.  Hopefully some good movies.  There's a new Boyle SF one called Sunshine (?) which sounds interesting.  With the end of the world looking increasingly possible, let's hope we get some good fillums out of it!

DavidXBrunt

The Saturday Tea Time Telly version of Merlin has just been given the nod, so maybe there will be some competition after all.

Steve Green

I've begun to wonder if RTD is seeing if he can encourage atheism by getting a second series of Torchwood commissioned.

- Steve

Lobo Baggins

The Saturday Tea Time Telly version of Merlin has just been given the nod, so maybe there will be some competition after all.

Yeah, that looked quite interesting until I realised that one of the writers developing it is Chris Chibnall...

Link: http://www.kensingtonvision.org/kensingtonvision/template.aspx?itemid=2004" target="_blank">Never mind, have an eccles cake...

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

paulvonscott

Does anyone remember watching a show called Mr Merlin on Saturday about 5 back in the 70's?  I liked it (probably out of desperation more than good taste) and saw a very brief clip some years back, boy did it look crap.

Anyway, is this new Merlin ITV or BBC.  Just the name alone covers a wide spectrum of possibility from twee shite to nicely dark drama.

Adrian Bamforth

Don't forget Sarah-Jane, solving crimes no doubt.

Steven Moffatt's writing a Jeckyl & Hyde series. Other than that it'll be RTD all the way.

ADE