Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 November, 2018, 05:44:14 PMI just buy mine from the newsagents!
That was my plan, only we don't have any local newsagents, our McColls is run by psychopaths, and WHSmith was cagey over whether it would be able to order anything in with any regularity.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Arkady on 20 November, 2018, 06:27:49 PM
Has anyone else found that their Vol 31 spine doesn't match up properly with Vol 32 (Horned God)? Vols 29-31 are perfect, but the collection catches up with Issue 1 on the shelf and it doesn't fit!

Same for me. Suggests it's the whole print run, so I don't know how far a complaint will get you...
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: Arkady on 20 November, 2018, 06:27:49 PM
*deep breath*

Has anyone else found that their Vol 31 spine doesn't match up properly with Vol 32 (Horned God)? Vols 29-31 are perfect, but the collection catches up with Issue 1 on the shelf and it doesn't fit! I might wait for Vol 33 before I complain. It's at least as bad as that earlier volume that didn't match.

Oh damn you're so right

Tomwe

I've just been and checked the connections of all my other Partworks and this is really only the second time it's happened. I mean, some nudge up and down or the books don't sit close enough together but this is the Complete collection's  second actual error.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 20 November, 2018, 06:43:06 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 20 November, 2018, 05:44:14 PMI just buy mine from the newsagents!
That was my plan, only we don't have any local newsagents, our McColls is run by psychopaths, and WHSmith was cagey over whether it would be able to order anything in with any regularity.

Psychopathic newsagents? That has to be a future shock/terror tale waiting to happen, if it hasn't already. I can't praise my local Thrill-merchant enough for sorting out my order for the Dredd collection and subsequently the Tooth series. Other than a couple of misses on Dredd, every issue has arrived present and correct.

Pale fire

I've had my latest two through (Dr & quich, which I'm looking forward to and robo hunter, which all the past reviews have made me more subdued on...)

I was buying at the store, and so was ballpark around when the subscribers were getting them, then subscribed when my local newsagent didn't get rogue trooper 2 in. It took about 2 months for them to get the subscription up and running correctly and I had a load of stuff that I hadn't ordered sent through.

Kept calm and polite and was given the free post return address and had the charges wiped from the account and everything put right. Used a combo of Facebook and email. Not sure that helped.

Anyway, while I waited for the new collections to arrive I picked up a few JD collections secondhand (for around a fiver) from the local market. They used to have a stack, but they're almost all gone now (I only picked up a few)

I don't want to risk contacting them about getting up to date on the 2000 ad collection. It looks like my opt out of the covers thing worked.

The next two packs look great (love Kingdom. Bad company looks interesting).

And yep, the last couple of deliveries came in battered oversize boxes, but the books were okay.

I still think that (minor quibbles aside) the books themselves our superb. Considering that the company hinges around a subscription model it's a bit weird how many simple things cause them issues on that.

Hopefully they'll get it sorted but I'm not sure how much the complaints/problems get relayed up to the management there. You'd have thought that the costs (to them) would make it a priority. But perhaps the number of replacements for swapped endpapers or dented spines is low percentage wise, even if its very viable here.

IndigoPrime

Having complained on Facebook, I've been told they will dispatch replacement books in "standard packaging", and so I've no idea what's going on.

And, yeah, I wish they'd take a look at how they appear to the wider world. The Facebook threads are a mess of complaints. That's not a good look for new people coming in.

IndigoPrime

Hachette on Facebook:

QuoteHi Everyone

Regarding the misprint on issue 31 and 32 .

Hachette has confirm the error and we would like to replace this issues with the correct issues

Kindly PM Us your subscription number we will arrange a replacement .

IndigoPrime

Already got a response to the above. I have been "added to the replacement list".

Max Headroom

IndigoPrime

They flipped the endpapers, so the Kingdom ones were in the Sláine book and vice-versa.

moogie101

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 November, 2018, 04:24:56 PM
They flipped the endpapers, so the Kingdom ones were in the Sláine book and vice-versa.

Yeah I've got this too, but to be honest not that bothered. Won't bother asking for a reprinted copy.

athorist

I tried asking when my Nemesis vol 3 had the cover upside down, so I didn't bother with the endpapers. I assumed it was the whole run. I've already read Kingdom, what's the point?
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Tomontherun94

Quote from: athorist on 21 November, 2018, 06:03:05 PM
I tried asking when my Nemesis vol 3 had the cover upside down, so I didn't bother with the endpapers. I assumed it was the whole run. I've already read Kingdom, what's the point?
Yeah, couldn't care less about the endpapers. Sucks that they goofed up but doesn't affect the shelf presentation or the story contents. With the 31/32 spine error, the FB page asked people to get in touch with them via messenger with sub numbers to request a corrected copy. Not the best solution tbh as people without FB are pretty much left out.

Tomwe

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 21 November, 2018, 08:16:17 PM
With the 31/32 spine error, the FB page asked people to get in touch with them via messenger with sub numbers to request a corrected copy. Not the best solution tbh as people without FB are pretty much left out.
Actually, I'm pretty sure the FB mods comment about getting in touch is about the endpapers. It's a complete coincidence that the pair that were flipped were issue 31 & 32, whereas the Slaine pair in question are volumes 31 & 32. The mods are yet to directly address the spines in my image post.