Main Menu

2000ad suspected IP infringement thread

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 06 August, 2010, 12:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

rogue69

this guy doesn't give up he has been reported several times for using other people's images& is still making these Rogue Trooper transfer prints

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Rogue-Trooper-Iron-On-TShirt-Transfer-Prints-A5-/141960807256?hash=item210d860358:g:0Q8AAOSw-RRXCCCl

Colin YNWA

That's PJ's isn't it. Wonder if he still haunts these parts and has thought of contacting this chap?

Hawkmumbler

Positive thats the work of Mr. Holden, hope he or one of the other Rebellion crew can nip this in the bud.

Bolt-01

It is indeed the work of PJ Holden AND with Steve Denton on colours. I was given that image by PJ himself for use on Zarjaz. It was also one of the images that a former Command module droid allowed SFX magazine to use for promo so it proudly sits on my fridge.

rogue69

Professor Bear

I think this might be a bit of a stretch, but Rich Johnson over at Bleeding Cool reckons that Valiant's new War Mother comic published under the "4001ad" banner seems a bit similar to Rogue Trooper just because it features a mohawked warrior with a sentient assault rifle wandering a post-apocalyptic Earth which is owned by a corporation in orbit.
Like I say, it's a bit of a stretch: Rogue Trooper is a man, and blue.  And 2000ad doesn't start with a 4 and end with a 1.

Woolly

Quote from: Professor Bear on 05 May, 2016, 10:41:58 PM
I think this might be a bit of a stretch, but Rich Johnson over at Bleeding Cool reckons that Valiant's new War Mother comic published under the "4001ad" banner seems a bit similar to Rogue Trooper just because it features a mohawked warrior with a sentient assault rifle wandering a post-apocalyptic Earth which is owned by a corporation in orbit.
Like I say, it's a bit of a stretch: Rogue Trooper is a man, and blue.  And 2000ad doesn't start with a 4 and end with a 1.

Logged in to make this very point. And from a company called 'Valiant' too!

Darren Stephens

https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Professor Bear

Hey, Rebellion aren't doing anything with that old character anyway.

Lobo Baggins

The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

Big_Dave

In the 41st century, The Grove is a walled city on what used to be the border between Colombia and Brazil.

Built on the remnants of a biomaterials facility, it has thrived by adhering to a strict code of isolation. Able to grow technology as well as food, its residents must harvest raw materials from the surrounding wasteland and the remnants of what was.

This task is designated to one and one alone: War Mother. When city-sized sectors are jettisoned to Earth from the orbiting space station of New Japan, War Mother is called upon to sack the debris for anything of value to her tribe.

What she finds in the crashed cities will reveal a secret about Earth's true order that will bring War Mother into conflict with her community, her code, and her calling ... and bring destruction down upon one of humanity's last surviving outposts of order.

Professor Bear

"Biomaterials factory"?

Sooo... the main character might be genetically engineered, too?

A.Cow

Unfortunately, even if you discount Max Max, semi-bald futuristic warrior women are ten-a-penny round these parts ...

Professor Bear

Semi-bald genetically engineered female warriors with talking guns on post-apocalyptic Earth under a comics banner with "thousand A.D." in the make-up not so much.