Main Menu

More art from Darko

Started by darkcult, 19 October, 2003, 03:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frazer

nice stuff Darko. Where u from?
Personally i prefer the wierd stuff, like the guy with the robot attachments and stuff.
Saw your website...needs info. Also very curious to see how you tackle storytelling.

F

darkcult

ThanX:Demon Chicken,Bart Diaz and frazer!!!

I'm born and raised in Croatia(School of Fine Art and Design/Split/Croatia),
but living and working in Ireland (illustrations,
concept design,etc(freelancer))for the past 3 years(fell in love with a beautiful blue eyed Irish girl?ahhhh?) .
Thank you for showing interest in my art and glad you like it!

Darko
P.S. Web sit wasn't updated since ages.

Queen Firey-Bou

really liking this stuff darko, try popping in the chat room, i think late afternoons you might catch some artists, or more usually theres writers loitering, also, they tell me doing stuff for fanzines is a great way to get in there, but posibly youre already doing this ?  Paulvonscott has been looking for artists for solar wind fanzine, theres a yahoo group, er a web site, or you can catch him in chat room sometimes...

hey guys ! links please ?

main problem with your work is , it makes me feel like putting the pens away & skulking off into a corner for the criminally jack of all trades.

darkcult

Tank you for the kind words Queen and glad you like the art!

After all I?m just one of you people of the Justice so don?t say you?ll give up, it take some learning and loads of practice,
In front of me is a long road too,
so grab those pencils back and lets kick
some creeps ;)

D.

frazer

Bok, Darko:)

Zivim u Zagrebu ali ne govorim hrvatski:P

I too fell for the charms of a foreign lady, and landed here:)

So, how long have you been a reader of 2000AD?

F

Jared Katooie

darkcult

Thanks; frazer
Cool. Zagreb is one fine city. Say HELLO to your Croatian girlfriend!
I?ve been a JudgeD?s fan since 9 years of age and was blown away with it. The magazine?s name it was publish in back then was ?Eks?.
So now You know why I want to be a part of 2000AD.
Glad you like my art ;)

Thanks;jaredkatooie

longmanshort

"Bok, Darko:) Zivim u Zagrebu ali ne govorim hrvatski:P"

Bloody show off ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

frazer

that's pretty much all i can say except for kurvetino picketino razjebana...which is very very rude:P

F

Queen Firey-Bou

blimey ! that is one wierd looking language, is it usually in cyrillic or something? what family of language? finno-ugaric? Is Sci-fi big over there? or a newish thing?  comics in general?

sigh, one day i'll travel the world.

longmanshort

"that's pretty much all i can say"

And by your own admission, merely very, very slowly ...

;oP
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Bart Oliver

Darko, how do you rate Enki Balil?
Obviously you're not a golfer.

darkcult

Enki Bilal, Moebius, Manara, Glenn Fabry,
Simon Bisley are my heroes.
I know this was asked (probably) before people,
But...
 -Who is your favorite 2000ad artist ever ?

Dunk!

Your b/w stuff is really well rendered, with a good solid placement of black; you just need to work on more dramatic poses.

The original colour Dredd, you started this thread with, reminds me of Dean Ormston's (sp?)work. Overall it?s great. The only thing I see as a bit iffy would be the green up-light on the face. A light like that should emphasis the outline of shapes and masses (like on the uniform) not fill in whole areas of shadow.

On a personnel note I must admit to being a huge McMahon/Gibson Dredd fan so I like my elbow and kneepads to stick out like sore thumbs and not hug the figure. But that just shows everyone has their version of Dredd they relate to the best.

Keep up the good work and if the industry wasn't so deep in shite at the moment I'd recommend seeing about doing design and concept for Video games. Your attention to detail would go down a treat.
"Trust we"

Jared Katooie

Well I still think it's great.