Main Menu

Credits for Action?

Started by SpaceSpinner2000, 18 May, 2018, 09:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceSpinner2000

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for this info, but is there a place that has issue by issue writing/art credits for the old Action comic (home of Hookjaw, Dredger, et all). I was hoping it'd be listed on 2000ad.org's Barney site, but no dice. Thanks for the help!
2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

Steve Green

Not that I know of - wikipedia lists the major stories and artists/writers

I don't think they changed that much - and pretty easy to identify Ian Gibson or Belardinelli on a strip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_(comics)#Major_stories

Frank

Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 18 May, 2018, 09:32:20 PM
is there a place that has issue by issue writing/art credits for the old Action comic

Look Out For Lefty was written by Jordan Peterson.

SpaceSpinner2000

I've got this list from the Titan book about action, but especially for artists it's kind of incomplete, like "Another Unidentified Spanish Artist" for Hookjaw, or "Various" for Dredger. And it credits Tom Tully for Look out for Lefty?

2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!

maryanddavid

Probably as good as you are going to get unless someone Like David Roach or Rufus can identify individual artists styles.

Steve Green

Yeah, have asked on the fb group and just been pointed to the same page in Martin Barker's book - the Dredger page only mentions Geoff Campion, and various Argentinian artists.

I guess you might get names, but more likely to get art collectors to tie pages to artists.

Seen Horacia Altuna come up as a name for Dredger on the first episode.

https://www.existentialennui.com/2015/06/action-story-of-violent-comic-by-martin.html

TordelBack

Quote from: Frank on 18 May, 2018, 10:07:09 PM
Quote from: SpaceSpinner2000 on 18 May, 2018, 09:32:20 PM
is there a place that has issue by issue writing/art credits for the old Action comic

Look Out For Lefty was written by Jordan Peterson.

Arf!

(It'd be by far the most intelligent thing he ever wrote, the monumental twat).