Main Menu

Guest Writers/Artists on Dredd

Started by Marbles, 02 February, 2003, 02:44:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

O Lucky Stevie!

yes please, d'sraeli on dredd! i've been waiting for over a decade to see this...

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

damnandblast

Re: Miller's Dredd cover

Y'know, apart from the beard I have no problem with this as a stylised image of Dredd. Anyway, it's Frank Miller - what do you expect?

Nigel

Marbles

Miller's just way too big for his boots these days. His Daredevil/Elektra run was what turned me on to American comics in the first place. But he hasn't done anything decent since 'That Yellow Bastard' era 'Sin City'. I can well imagine his long awaited 'Jesus Christ' GN story will turn out to be his autobiography ...

Another barmy idea from the left-field - Pat Mills to pen a few more Dredds ??
Remember - dry hair is for squids

W. R. Logan

>Y'know, apart from the beard I have no problem with this as a stylised image of Dredd. Anyway, it's Frank Miller - what do you expect?

Some effort for the money he was being paid.

It was supposed to be for the 10th Anniversary special, Diggle had written Lenny Zero and waived his fee so that they could afford Miller and the resulting cover art was quite crap. It also meant that we ended up with a Siku cover 8-)

Suppose the best thing to come out of it was Lenny Zero.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/megazine/mediumres/3.70.jpg">

Leigh S

"Howard Chaykin couldnt write Judge Dredd if he had Mega City one stuck up his arse" Is that the quote from a certain longtime Dredd when he heard about Chaykins Dredd screenplay? Something like that I recall

almighty mat

++Anyway, it's Frank Miller - what do you expect?++

Legs?

mat

Bart Oliver

That?s a hell of a lot of real estate for one man to accommodate..

Re: Chaykin?s screenplay, if such a thing should exist I?d be interested in giving it the once over-
Could it be any worst than the muddled excuse for a work of fiction the viewing public were subjected to that was Judge Dredd the movie?
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Bart Oliver

Alexandro Jodorowsky,
worked with Moebius and writer of The Incal, Metabarons and director of The Holy Mountain

and Enki Bilal, a supremo artist

I'd like to see them work together on- not necessarily Dredd it self- but something related to Dredd's universe.

You can catch some of  their work at

http://www.humanoids-publishing.com/home.php
Obviously you're not a golfer.

CraveNoir

I'd be interested to see what Christopher Priest could do.

Well, two years later I can tell you he'd do very badly indeed. I stumbled across a page on his site the other day. He wrote issues 16 and 17 for the DC Dredd. They're awful.

You can find the script for the #16 story on the page linked below, along with his thoughts on the matter.

Link: http://phonogram.us/comics/scriptsarc.htm" target="_blank">Christopher J Priest on Dredd

Funt Solo

Jesus H Shite.  Sorry, I mean Christopher J Priest is shite (at writing Dredd).
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funtwangle

+rufus+

I seem to remember pushing forward Guy Davis's rather beautiful art. WAKE UP NERVE CENTRE!!!!
Dollar is now nearly 2/1.
Rufus

Satanist

Keep Wagner and get Bolland back...PLEASE!!!

Even a one-off would make me weep with joy
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Bolt-01

Wow! What a necro-post!

Almost a different board back then.

Bolt-01