Main Menu

July Previews - forthcoming thrills & reprints

Started by Grant Goggans, 29 June, 2006, 02:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

Solicited in the July Previews:

2000 AD # 1504-1508 contains, apart from Dredd: Origins and Dante, the conclusion of Stone Island (so it's only 6-8 parts long), and the return of Banzai Battallion by Wagner and Steve Roberts!

Extreme Edition # 18 contains The Corps and Maelstrom.

September's trades are, as hoped, The Complete PJ Maybe and Nikolai Dante 4: Tsar Wars.

The Amstor Computer

Oooh! Roberts is a good choice for Banzai, and it's nice to see Wagner still has a story or two in him for the Battalion.

Interesting choice for the EE - neither are stories I'd pay to see collected in trade format, or that I'm particularly keen to read again, but in the easy, cheap EE package I'll snap it up.

paulvonscott

I agree on Roberts being a good choice for Banzai, and nice to see it back.

Never read the Coprs. but I'm fairly sure it some Garth Ennis thing isn't it?   Not for me.

What's Maelstrom about?

PJ Maybe... get in!

Grant Goggans

Maelstrom's another space judges story, by Robbie Morrison and Colin MacNeil.

paulvonscott

Ah well, it's a possible.  

I don't mind when an Extreme's not for me, I don't subscribe to it and like to pick and choose.  Though I probably buy about 80% of them.

The Adventurer

I wonder if a Space Corps EE means we'll be seeing more of the Space Corps in the prog or Meg.

Maybe a Dolman solo story!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Radbacker

what I was thinking Adventurer

CU Radbacker

Jim_Campbell

"Maelstrom's another space judges story, by Robbie Morrison and Colin MacNeil."

Can't remember much about the story, but I do remember it having some particularly nice b/w artwork by MacNeil.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

HiEx

Looking forward to EE#18. I always enjoy tales about Space Judges and I don't think I've read these before.

Will probably pass on the PJ Maybe book as most of the stories were reprinted in an EE a short while back.

No plans to buy any Dante. He's a character that started during my 8 years away from 2000AD and just like SinDEx also I've never been able to get into the story or characters.

HiEx

IndigoPrime

That's a shame. Dante works very well if you read it from the beginning, and the books up until Tsar Wars form a classic collection?one of 2000 AD's best runs, in my opinion.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I thought The Connection started in prog 500 and ran for 8 eps?
Lock up your spoons!

I, Cosh

No plans to buy any Dante. He's a character that started during my 8 years away from 2000AD and just like SinDEx also I've never been able to get into the story or characters.

HiEx, I'm in the same boat regarding missing Dante in the Prog and not being impressed with the current stuff.

However after everything I'd heard about him, I recently bought the first volume and it totally blew me away. It's quite different from the current stuff, with a lot more fun in between the serious parts of the story. I just got vol 2 yesterday and will be getting hold of the rest as soon as possible.
We never really die.

Grant Goggans

Oh, also solicited in this Previews is Titan's Charley's War Book 3, which will contain episodes 60-83!  (These were reprinted in Meg 223-235).

DavidXBrunt

Brilliant stuff. Much that I want.