Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Love the colours on these Dale. Top stuff.

Fatboydale

One last photo , for me this image has alway stuck in head whenever i thought about Armoured Gideon ,also i had a couple of drinks With Simon Jacob the other night and from what i gather he's not finished with comic book art ??

Zarjazzer

that's just brill stuff from Mr Jacob there.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Pete Wells

Oh that last page is incredible. I'd love to see ThreeA do an Armoured Gideon!

Mikey

Superb pages Dale - the colour ones are really great to see in detail, but that last page is Armoured Gideon!

Quote from: Pete Wells on 15 July, 2012, 04:22:19 PM
I'd love to see ThreeA do an Armoured Gideon!

Yuh huh, +1. Looks like he'd be around 40" tall in 1/6.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Skullmo

Quote from: SteveMillar on 13 June, 2012, 07:37:47 PM
Pm sent

I'd love to get some Macneil too can you let me know the address and what he usually charges?

Cheers!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dr Feeley Good

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 15 July, 2012, 12:41:02 AM
One last photo , for me this image has alway stuck in head whenever i thought about Armoured Gideon ,also i had a couple of drinks With Simon Jacob the other night and from what i gather he's not finished with comic book art ??

That is amazing!

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 10 June, 2012, 06:54:52 PM
No, its a new arrival opaque, i received it last week. Its from a fellow 2000ad art collector, who's had it in his collection for a good few years (20+?). Bought from Forbidden Planet, i think. Still has the original pencilled price mark on the back. £25!

I know that stuff used to be so cheap. I remember looking at 3 pages of sky chariots by McMahon for £35 a page in Comic Showcase back in 1993. I should have bought it instead of those silly comics! >:(

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 17 May, 2012, 01:44:23 PM
A sensitive Judge Anderson page by Barry Kitson .

Hey you have some fantastic artwork! Have you ever done an exhibition?

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 March, 2012, 02:51:04 PM
This works really well as a stand alone page imo...

I Love Dolan's art! :P

Skullmo

Quote from: Mangamax on 19 April, 2011, 11:03:19 AM
All this talk of The Lord Of Misrule gave me a hankering to have another page from it.
So here, courtesy of Dale, we go:

Not much going on, but its lovely, lovely work. That fine line work is SO fine, done by the looks of it in one go as there's no correction fluid at all.
Up close, it looks like Clint used a very, very fine airbrush splatter nib to achieve tiny mottling effects to the trees, brickwork and (very tiny here) the ends of the chains as they break.

Oh, I really wish they would reprint all of these badly photocopied and coloured 1990s era 2000ad stories in black and white :(

That art is gorgeous!

Large48

Clint did two versions of that artwork, the original B&W and then painted a copy in case he screwed it up so there are two version of each of those pages....
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Fatboydale on 17 May, 2012, 01:44:23 PM
A sensitive Judge Anderson page by Barry Kitson .

After a quick scan backwards upthread, I have to concur with maryanddavid: that's definitely David Roach, not Barry Kitson.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

opaque

Quote from: Skullmo on 17 July, 2012, 12:49:26 AM
I know that stuff used to be so cheap. I remember looking at 3 pages of sky chariots by McMahon for £35 a page in Comic Showcase back in 1993. I should have bought it instead of those silly comics! >:(

I only really got into collecting the artwork properly in the early 2000's and on Ebay there was still a lot of (now) very very cheap artwork which I wish I could have bought but that was back when I was unemployed.
Still remember the covers for the Apocalypse War GN's going for a couple of hundred?, now I hate to think how much they would be worth.