Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Quote from: RaggedMan on 26 May, 2020, 01:03:55 PM
How do you find the Kevin O'Neill page?
I mean there's probably no way i'll ever be able to afford anything but it's nice to dream occasionally!
This is the page I was referring to:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224015272937?ul_noapp=true

Colin YNWA

Quote from: CalHab on 27 May, 2020, 08:48:14 AM
Quote from: RaggedMan on 26 May, 2020, 01:03:55 PM
How do you find the Kevin O'Neill page?
I mean there's probably no way i'll ever be able to afford anything but it's nice to dream occasionally!
This is the page I was referring to:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224015272937?ul_noapp=true

Man that is a fantastic page. While its 'just' an Annual page from a lesser known DC title there's so much Kev O'Neill about it!

CalHab

Yeah, it's distinctively grotesque! I thought it would go for more, but maybe the title and lack of a big name character counted against it?

I had a nosy on HA.com and Kevin O'Neill prices seem to be all over the place. I really don't understand the pricing of original art.

Colin YNWA

Speaking of wildly under valued art Patrick Goddard has some more of his insanely cheap art up for grabs at the moment. This time from the lastest Aquila - if you could all just avoid the page I'm considering...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ngod2/m.html?item=274378177351&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

ming

Quote from: CalHab on 27 May, 2020, 09:02:32 AM
Yeah, it's distinctively grotesque! I thought it would go for more, but maybe the title and lack of a big name character counted against it?

I had a nosy on HA.com and Kevin O'Neill prices seem to be all over the place.

If it had been a Nemesis page (pretty much any O'Neill Nemesis page) the price would have been higher - maybe around the £1k mark?  I suspect you'd be able to pick up some O'Neill's earlier US-based stuff for fairly low prices, while LoEG-related art is going to be much more in demand and therefore have a higher price tag attached.  Not that I know much about O'Neill art prices, having only the cover I got when he sold some pieces through a gallery some years back and the 'Search for Excessus' page that popped up through a third party on Artdroids.

Quote from: CalHab on 27 May, 2020, 09:02:32 AMI really don't understand the pricing of original art.

Nobody does.  It's all over the place and you can put whatever price you like on something if you're selling but that doesn't mean anybody's necessarily going to pay it.  'Value' of art is entirely subjective; people can and do pay huge sums for stuff simply because it means a lot to them.

Colin YNWA

Picked up a couple of Noam Chimpsky pages from the ever lovely PJ Holden - first up one of my favourite Dredd page without Dredd.

Prelim

Lucky enough to have another to share... hold on...

Colin YNWA

And second one from PJ featuring Chimpsky - cover to 2178 - I love these two. Together they really give a sense of Chimpsky and his place in the city.

Prelim

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 30 May, 2020, 06:10:25 PM
And second one from PJ featuring Chimpsky - cover to 2178 - I love these two. Together they really give a sense of Chimpsky and his place in the city.

Prelim

Wow! Nice work. You've done very well with those two.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Eamonn Clarke on 30 May, 2020, 06:38:00 PM
Wow! Nice work. You've done very well with those two.

Thanks Eamonn I am super chuffed AND I'm very lucky to have another couple of pieces (different artist) coming my way soon...

Oh and while we're on PJ don't forget his live sketch show is 8pm tonight

Bolt-01

You did well to get that cover. Think that is a definite contender for cover of the year.

Colin YNWA

Thanks to the lovely Wiggz - who hangs around here. I managed to grab a couple of Henry Flint pages when he offered to help sort folks out with Proteus Vex pages - first up one from that series.

I've loved the concept of the pilot and so this was my first choice from that series - though might go back for one with the space ship in as well if I get greedy!

Colin YNWA

Next one supplied by the wonderful wizard that's Wiggz. Think this just about qualifies for this thread rather than the none 2000ad one.

I adored Hell Machine on the recent Action Special and asked after this page when buying the Proteus Vex page and was delighted when Wiggz (and Henry of course) came up trumps.

Link Prime

Nice stuff Colin.

Always welcome to see new stuff on this thread, even if it's personally a hobby that has cooled off significantly.

ming

Following on from Colin's great Henry Flint pages, here's a pair I picked up from Proteus Vex (thanks again, Wiggz!).  These are just a delight - so much going on and Henry certainly looked like he was enjoying himself on this series.

Bolt-01

Those are lovely pages, thanks for sharing.