Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HunterZolomon

While I do have some really nice pieces I don't own any 2000AD art. The ultimate catch as far as I'm concerned has got to be the Judge Dredd vs. Judge Fear "GAZE INTO THE FIST OF DREDD!" If I remember correctly, Brian Bolland held on to that page. Can anyone confirm?

Spikes

I think that would be the ultimate catch for most 2000ad comic art collectors. Heck, comic art collectors full stop.
Id imagine it would also come with one hell of a price tag should it ever turn up.
Not sure who has it now. Brian held onto a few pages from this story, but put them up for sale (i think all went as well) the other year. The "gaze" page wasnt amongst them though.
If i understand right he sell his art via Joe Melchior - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=9492

W. R. Logan

Full page of Dredd & Johnny would be ultimate page

strontium71

Quote from: W. R. Logan on 20 May, 2012, 07:21:31 PM
Full page of Dredd & Johnny would be ultimate page

That'd be the one I'd choose if I could only choose one.
Or the double page from Death Lives.
...because I hate you.

HunterZolomon

Quote from: Judge Jack on 20 May, 2012, 07:07:51 PM
I think that would be the ultimate catch for most 2000ad comic art collectors. Heck, comic art collectors full stop.
Id imagine it would also come with one hell of a price tag should it ever turn up.
Not sure who has it now. Brian held onto a few pages from this story, but put them up for sale (i think all went as well) the other year. The "gaze" page wasnt amongst them though.
If i understand right he sell his art via Joe Melchior - http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=9492

Very cool! I had no idea he was selling those so recently. And two of them are still available! Well out of price range for most people though I suspect.

Spikes

Oh they wont be cheap, thats for sure. Others on here (Dale, Ming....) might have a clearer idea of the going rate.

ming

The last Judge Death Lives page I heard about (sold through Joe Melchior) was $15,000... That was a couple of years back, so they've probably gone up since then.  Having said that, I think a page (Peanut Park sequence) went on eBay for 'just' $4k last year, so not everyone (me included) is prepared to pay silly money, even for classic Bolland.

hippynumber1

Lovely colourful Ron Smith loveliness...

ming

Nice!  I've seen that kicking around for a while; good to see it get scooped up.

Meanwhile, I scanned the Frazer Death cover, and it looks insanely good first-hand...(If I could have just edited the previous post about this, I would have.)

hippynumber1

That is such a beautifully detailed Death page...

Judo

brill death cover. Gotta love the creepy hand wrinkles x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Spikes

A simply stunning bit o' art, David. One to treasure that, and nice to see that Ron Smith Dredd colour piece as well, good stuff!

Spikes

Monkey Business at the Charles Darwin Block by Mr McMahon.

hippynumber1

Gruddamnit! How do you find this stuff?! I LOVE that period of McMahon's work...just when he's producing some really special work

Fatboydale

Very nice ....

Quote from: Judge Jack on 07 June, 2012, 04:32:37 PM
Monkey Business at the Charles Darwin Block by Mr McMahon.