Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Hey Mike - though you won't be reading this, my thoughts are with you Helltrekk brother. Your mum is a remarkable fighter.

Pete Wells

Aw Mike. It was six years ago yesterday that I was going through exactly the same as you. I hope it's over for you both soon...

Much manly love to you and your lovely mam, sir!

The Legendary Shark

It's a hard stretch of road, Mike. Kudos to you for pulling on your boots and sticking to it.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Having been through all of this with a very close relative i really can sympathise.

In my case it just seemed very surreal and i couldnt get my head round it at all.

Take care Mike.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

House of Usher

I've said little up until now, but in autumn 2007 my mum went through the same thing you're going through now, Mike. I wasn't there. I can't say anything more about it but I know how hard it was for my grandmother and her two daughters.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Bouwel

Yes, take the best of care Mike.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

TordelBack

Thinking of you both Mike, make sure to look after yourself too mate.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Mike Gloady

New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SuperSurfer

I mentioned to my wife a short while ago that you passed on the words of support from the fellow boarders here to you mother and that you got choked up and couldn't tell your brother. I had to compose myself to tell that to my wife.

Brings back memories of when my father was in intensive care three years ago. It was a long period of limbo for us while he was in intensive care and then lost the battle.

Sounds like you are dealing with the situation admirably.

Thoughts are with you, Mike.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Stay strong and take care Mike.

locustsofdeath!

Guys, just wanted to let you know that I won't be around much for the next week. My brother was in an accident and I'm returning Stateside for a bit to be with him.

He seems to be okay, but the shitty thing is that I have to fly out on the same day my wife returns from Afghanistan so we have to wait an extra 8 days to be a family again. I don't know why I even type all this to you guys, but I really feel like we're friends.

TordelBack

QuoteHe seems to be okay, but the shitty thing is that I have to fly out on the same day my wife returns from Afghanistan so we have to wait an extra 8 days to be a family again.

Dear god Locusts, you just can't get a break.  Hope your brother is doing okay, and hope you keep your sanity for another week.

Banners

No, dear client - using your swanky iPhone for a bunch of crappy JPEGs isn't quite what I expected when you said "don't worry about sending a photographer - I've got a brilliant new camera so we'll take care of it".

M@