Main Menu

Seaguy

Started by Art, 27 May, 2004, 09:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

...is like Reeally & Truly... On Acid!

ActuallY I mean that in a good way, it's quirky lightweight superhero fun from Morrison, as opposed to the dark heavyt weirdness of The Filth, and loks like its going to be a highly enjoyable read.

Dan Kelly

Da Fug!

Liked the first issue, some possible darkness in what the fishy friend forgot (is this King Trout's next supporting role??)

Dan

Satanist

As a big fan of Morrison (love Doom Patrol,Invisibles & The Filth) I found this massively disapointing.

I'll still buy the rest though...just in case!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

ukdane

I loved Invisibles, but didn't think much of The Filth. Morrisons X-Men is the only mainstream Marvel I've bought (in TPB format) ever, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I'm giving Seaguy a miss though. Firstly because I'm trying to cut back on the number of miniseries that I buy, and secondly, if it's any good, I can wait for the inevitable tpb.
Cheers

-Daney

House of Usher

I only really enjoyed the Cassandra Nova storyline of Morrison's New X-Men. I thought everything else was vastly overrated, especially all that 100 years in the future tosh.
STRIKE !!!

Art

I'm not sure anyone really rated the future storyline that much, it ended on a bit of a damp squib there.

Matt Timson

More of a dead duck that a swan song.  Nice art though.
Pffft...

Grant Goggans

Yeah, X Men works a lot better if it ends with #150.  Even if the future story does have the fabulous throwaway idea that one guy's mutant superpower is "he has a flying car."

But I loved Seaguy.  It was light, breezy, and something genuinely unexpected and fun on every page.  If you're waiting for the trade, it might be a long, long wait (Sebastian O finally comes out as a TPB in July), so I'd recommend trying it out now.

--Grant

Byron Virgo

When You Live
When You Die
Here Comes Mickey Eye!

House of Usher

I'm not sure anyone really rated the future storyline that much, it ended on a bit of a damp squib there.

au contraire!

Month after month the least objective reviewers in Comics International were giving it 9 out of 10.
STRIKE !!!

Quirkafleeg

Read Seaguy this morning whilst eating my breakie (first Bristol comic!)... Utterly mentalist, I loved it! Bonkers fun with a nice undercurrent of pure evil.

Of course I'm now going to be sub-vocalising every thing The Trout says in a 'da fug!' accent!