Main Menu

Shenmue 3 on Kickstarter

Started by Satanist, 16 June, 2015, 12:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satanist

Sequel to one of my fave games ever has already reached its target of $2 million in 8.5 hours and I've still to give them my £20 come pay day. Cannae wait to get back in the forklift, play outrun, collect toys, arm wrestle, play darts, hang about the docks looking for sailors, gamble, fight, etc.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Link Prime

I have fond memories of playing the first Shenmue on Dreamcast, but was never able to find a copy of Shenmue II.
If I recall, the Dreamcast was on its last legs when it came out, and it was very difficult to find anywhere that actually stocked games for the console.

I'm not going to join this Kickstarter, but will keep an eye out for Shenmue III on its eventual release.
Maybe the others will be re-released at some stage too.

Famous Mortimer

My old housemate played one of them all the time, but all I remember is trotting round the docks chatting to people.

Having been burned by multiple Kickstarters (check out this bad boy - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/secretlabs/agent-the-worlds-smartest-watch - and read the comments for some pure anger) I won't be putting any money into this, but I look forward to when / if it comes out.

Buttonman

People must have been mad to pledge $1 million for that clunky watch. I've only bought into one Kickstarter for a $20 wallet and am annoyed that I've had 15 updates in a month.

Did have the Dreamcast original of this game but it bored the arse off me.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Buttonman on 18 June, 2015, 08:05:50 AM
People must have been mad to pledge $1 million for that clunky watch.
Bear in mind this was back in those heady, far-off days before even the Pebble was available properly. It's been delayed nearly 2 years. The funny thing is (well, funny if I hadn't chipped in) that they're still pretending like they're going to make it, and not that they just stole over a million dollars. I'm just annoyed none of the "these Kickstarters were complete lies" articles ever mention it, especially considering how much money they made.

Sorry for dragging this off topic, I'm still pretty sad at wasting my money. Plus there was a gaming platform for the Raspberry Pi that I paid for the special version of, with a controller and box and everything, that's about 9 months late and will, realistically, never get delivered.

Sorry for continuing to drag this off topic. DAMN YOU KICKSTARTER

Satanist

Yeah there does seem to have been some dodgy dealings with Kickstarter but I have hopes for this one as I get the impression Sony are using this as proof of demand before co-funding.

Which is dodgy as fuck in itself but this is basically my half life 3 moment. I still haven't kicked in my £20 yet though.

Satanist

Oh and Mortimer I just read through the comments on that watch, ooft he comes across as a right crook.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Satanist on 18 June, 2015, 05:16:22 PM
Oh and Mortimer I just read through the comments on that watch, ooft he comes across as a right crook.
BASTARDS

But seriously, Shenmue 3 should be great, if they do it.