Main Menu

Best 32" LCD Gaming TV?

Started by astrojoe, 01 June, 2010, 10:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Slightly off-topic but still related to HD TV...

At some point I want to buy a HD TV too. The largest I'll probably go is 32", considering the size of my room and the fact the price goes up significantly with screen size.

I'm kind of wondering whether to go for just HD ready or full HD. It's just, I've read somewhere that for TVs lesser than 40" the difference isn't particularly noticeable. This makes me think I might as well go for the cheaper option, but reading this thread there is still recommendation for the 1080 res models even though we're talking about 32" models here.  Or is it only a deal for gaming? (I like playing the odd game now and again but likely will use it mainly for TV and DVDs. And possibly Blu-ray in future.)

WoD

Hmm...my HD Ready TV displays at 'full HD'.  Size wise...to really get the best out of a HD you need to be sat quite close or have a big screen.  Sky HD makes a big difference on my smaller HD and bigger HD TVs (I tried it on both), but if you are too far away from the screen you start to lose the benefit...in this case bigger is better.