Main Menu

Judge Anderson's hotdog run

Started by Alec Worley, 07 July, 2016, 04:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alec Worley

Hullo, all!
Can any Dreddheads out there recall if the story of Judge Anderson's hotdog run has ever been told...?
Can't seem to find any details on this...
Also, what exactly do we know about her parents...? (Apart from the fact that her father was abusive.)
Any pointers appreciated.
Cheers in advance
WORL*E

Apestrife

Never read such. Closest thing was a young Anderson story where she and some other cadets gets to ride on lawmasters and solving a case (which included organ harvesting from dead babies).

As for her parents, not much more than the Endgram episode.

Her mum as only been mentioned in a throw away line where Cassandra thinks or talks about herself as "Mrs Anderson girl".

As for her dad. She's only remembered him once or twice very shortly (with a hat obscuring his looks) when thinking about evil doers (along side the likes of Judge Death and Orlock).

James Stacey

Didn't the IDW story touch on it too. Not sure if that counts as canon though. (It should)

Frank

Matt Smith wrote an Anderson series for IDW, which gave the details of her birth as 2080, at Stoprams hospital (Sector 6). After considering Martha and Anneka as names for their newborn, her parents settle on Cassandra, after her paternal grandmother*.

That's more biographical information than I can remember reading in Fleetway/Rebellion strips. I haven't read all of Alan Grant's Cadet Anderson strips; I don't think they cover her hotdog run, but they feature cadets running around the city unsupervised, shooting cits.

Maybe things were more lax under Goodman, or maybe formal aspects of training like the hotdog run are more recent innovations than we assume. The 1995 DC Dredd series featured a pre-Justice Department cop called Anderson with psi talents; presumably her grandfather.

I think DC's Legends of the Law featured an early meeting between Dredd and a pre-teen Anderson, written by Wagner & Grant, but I haven't read that.

* Sucking up to Tharg by putting those details in the prog/Meg, thereby making them canon, doesn't seem like a bad career move.

ZenArcade

Not in the prog....I get Lucasian in terms of anything else -non canon. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

James Stacey

Quote from: ZenArcade on 07 July, 2016, 05:56:41 PM
Not in the prog....I get Lucasian in terms of anything else -non canon. Z
Thats a bit harsh on the meg.  :lol: slightly OT I think there can be a good case made for including the IDW Dredd Year 1 and Anderson strips. Written by Tharg and drawn by established droids. They reference Prog continuity and don't retcon anything.

Alec Worley

Sorted. Cheers, all!
Couldn't find anything online and was worried I was missing something obvious.
P.S. It's aaaaaall canon, baby! ;)

Frank

Quote from: James Stacey on 08 July, 2016, 08:52:07 AM
there can be a good case made for including the IDW Dredd Year 1 and Anderson strips. Written by Tharg and drawn by established droids. They reference Prog continuity and don't retcon anything.

The example I always trot out is Eustace Fargo, who was always just plain Fargo until Andy Helfer christened him so in the 1994 DC Dredd series. Wagner ran with it.

James Stacey

Wasn't Dredd just Joe till the 95 movie too.

Frank

Quote from: James Stacey on 08 July, 2016, 01:40:58 PM
Wasn't Dredd just Joe till the 95 movie too.

Yep. I'd happily let them drop that particular innovation.

It's only something that appears on official forms (or the sides of test tubes) anyway; nobody ever actually calls him Joseph - in fact, I can't remember the last time someone even addressed him as Joe.

I suppose he outranks everyone, and all his contemporaries are dead (usually because of him). Even Hershey, his boss, got to know him when he was already a legend, ruling out forenames.

Professor Bear

I saw the title and assumed this was either a call for information on official canon, or someone writing erotic slashfic. 

Minkyboy

Quote from: Butch on 08 July, 2016, 01:51:23 PM

It's only something that appears on official forms (or the sides of test tubes) anyway; nobody ever actually calls him Joseph - in fact, I can't remember the last time someone even addressed him as Joe.

I suppose he outranks everyone, and all his contemporaries are dead (usually because of him). Even Hershey, his boss, got to know him when he was already a legend, ruling out forenames.

Judge Dekker
"See you on the streets, Joe..."
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

Lobo Baggins

Quote from: Butch on 08 July, 2016, 01:51:23 PMin fact, I can't remember the last time someone even addressed him as Joe.

Vienna almost always refers to him as 'Uncle Joe', although admittedly she hasn't appeared for ages.

Anderson's hotdog run has never been mentioned as far as I can find, but it seems a fairly logical thing to appear in Alan Grant's Cadet Anderson stories, so you might want to ask him first.
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

JayzusB.Christ

I like that this thread comes up on the home screen as 'Judge Anderson's hot...'

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Jim_Campbell

I'll confess to being baffled by the whole Joe/Joseph debate. Only a handful of people have ever call me James -- it's what's on my birth certificate; it's my given name. Ever since I was born, however, my parents called me Jim, because it's a legitimate contraction of the name. Likewise, Joe is a contraction of Joseph. My dad's given name was David, but everyone called him Dave. I have no idea why this is a difficult concept for people to grasp.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.