Main Menu

Competition rejects

Started by stuhenry, 13 September, 2005, 05:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conexus

Dark Jimbo

This was essentially a sci-fi take on the victorian legend of Spring-Heeled Jack, but with jets instead of springs on his boots. The idea was some millionaire hot-shot who gets his kicks going vigilante around the city, loved/feared by the cits, hated by the judges.http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/Darkjimbo2/JetJack1.jpg">
@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

This was my favourite of the lot. His name's Mister Skitter, and he's a mutant living in the Undercity. Basically a sort of pied piper-type character, but more loony and sinister. The real hook here was the legions of crazy mutant rats he would have, no two the same - I filled several A4 pages with drawings of these!http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a113/Darkjimbo2/Skitter1.jpg">
@jamesfeistdraws

Noisybast

These are bloody good. I'm liking Skitter best.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Conexus

aces! How could you not have won? Was there a rule against multiple entries?

Dark Jimbo

Thanks Conexus! As far as I know you could have as many entries as you wanted (I think Wake clarified this on the original thread somewhere) - at least I bloody hope so!!
@jamesfeistdraws

SIP

Yup, you could definately have more than one entry.
I thought I was extravagant submitting two - never mind four.

Dudley

Skitter's excellent - the eventual winner must've put something really good in to beat that.  

Not too inspired by the Karyn one... think it's a bit dumber than your average JD concept.  And Spring-Heeled Jack doesn't work (not least because the original SHJ was a serial stabber).

Big stompy's cheating cos everyone loves a big stompy.  But nice drawing tho'.

Artificial Idiot

I want that steam powered robot in the prog and I want it now!

Cracking ideas all around, especially loved the Texan Judge and the man with the razor sharp nose! Hilarious stuff.

Grant Goggans

I love the Steampower Appreciation Society idea!  Maybe his neighbors call the judges to complain about all the noise from all of his steampowered appliances.  "But Judge Dredd, you just haven't had toast until you've had STEAMPOWERED toast!"

--Grant

Funt Solo

I want to see the steam-powered stompy machine and it's inventor on some kind of South-Am expedition, set in the Dreddverse but not starring Dredd.

I want it written by Si Spurrier (in the same vein as Zancudo, perhaps).  I know there's no real story there - that's what script droids are for: turning bare-boned shallow high concept things like a giant steam-powered stomper into a full-blown thrill (I do declare).

Please please please Mr Thargiplops - hear our call!

(TWEAK - can you get Tharg on the blower?  You're usually very good at summoning the creative types from 2K central.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Natsan

Is the winner announced in this week's prog?

Max Kon

SIP

My impression is that the winners will be announced in the special that their strips will be printed.
I don't think you will be seeing it in a prog at all.