Main Menu

Eerie Indiana

Started by Dark Jimbo, 06 July, 2006, 07:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

nxylas

That prompted me to think "Hmm...wonder what Omri Katz is doing these days"? According to the IMDb, "Omri lived in Israel for many years when he was young and, at the moment, he's taking a break from acting and living in Israel once again with his family.". So now you know.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Lord Running Clam

I can?t wait to get my hands on the Eerie Indiana DVDs. It was a great show with a wonderfully individual feel to it, and all sorts of cool guest actors.

It?s a real shame they don?t make shows like it anymore.

Buddy

Didn't they 'reboot' the show with a new actor in the lead with the same chubby mate?

Loved the original, not so fussed on the revamped one.

Buttonman

I imported a few of these from the US to flog on eBay, a scheme that worked well until bandwagon jumpers and HM customs made it unprofitable.

I found it worse than I remembered it. The one with the cash machine was good as were the consumer zombies, but for the most part it was pretty pish.

The Tobey Maguire episode was a good example of a decent idea spoiled by mawkish idealsim and a feel good ending.

I hope all nostalgia seekers enjoy it but for me it was yet another example of not going home again.

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dark Jimbo

Yeah, they did reboot it, pretended this was an alternative dimension or something - but this box set is just the original twenty episodes of the pre-revamp.
@jamesfeistdraws

Jared Katooie

I never really liked this series but I will say that the rock music episode was pretty creepy and clever. Anyone remember it?

Max Kon

there is nothing eerie about Indiana, it is the home of Biotown USA

Link: http://www.in.gov/biotownusa/" target="_blank">Bio Town!!

Emperor

I found it worse than I remembered it. The one with the cash machine was good as were the consumer zombies, but for the most part it was pretty pish.

Yeah I spread the word when the R1 release was out and a few fans I know on the other side of the Pond snatched them up. They all reported that they were really really suprised that it just didn't live up to their memories of it. So I dind't bother getting it and it'd have to be heftily reduced in some future sale to tempt me to shell out for it (I know someone who was obsessed with it and she'll buy it come what may so I may borrow them from her instead - then again I have a backlog of stuff to watch so...).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

nofuture

Great programme but, not 'Pete and Pete'