Main Menu

Abaddon Books

Started by ukdane, 22 January, 2007, 03:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

What are you reading, or have you read?

I was wondering if, when the Black Flame license runs out, would it be likely that the 2000ad novels back a subline to the abaddon imprint, it would seem to make sense, brining the license in-house again.
Cheers

-Daney

Keef Monkey

I read "The Culled" which I loved, "Death Hulk" which I heartily enjoyed and "Spear Of Destiny" which I found to be a struggle and wouldn't recommend. 2 out of 3 ain't bad though, so wil be picking up the "Dreams Of Inan" stuff sometime soon.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

Lord Running Clam

Iâ??m planning to get the Pax Brittania books. None of the others have really grabbed me, though I might try the Dreams of Inan books.

I, Cosh

I'll be getting some when I renew my subscription, but I can't say any of them interest me particularly.
We never really die.

ThryllSeekyr

isn't there a book in that quartet that is written by one of the officials at Mongoose Publishing.

Jonathan O

Mathew Sprange, who works for Mongoose, wrote Tomes of The Dead: Death Hullk

ThryllSeekyr

Yeah, that's the guy.

I have spoken to him by e-mail.

duaneduke

Greetings.

Was wondering if Abaddon had any plans to re-open for submissions and if there was any news regarding the 2007 releases?

Ahaeserus

According to the Newsletter email that went out earlier this week:

"Prospective scribes may be pleased to know that in February  we will be re-opening Abaddon to submissions. Donâ??t send anything to me yet though. Full details will be in the next newsletter and submission guidelines will appear on the website shortly."

The next three releases were also announced, they are:

The Afterblight Chronicles: Schoolâ??s Out â?? Scott Andrews

â??After the world died we all sort of drifted back to school. After all, where else was there for us to go?â?

It's never easy being fifteen, but when your teachers are killing each other, the prefect who loves to bully you is experimenting with crucifixion, and the rival gang from across town have decided that ritualistic cannibalism is the way to go, spots and BO don't seem like such big problems after all.

These are the final days of St Marks School For Boys, and the punishment for disobedience is death!

August 15th UK Release
October 15th US Release

Tomes of The Dead: The Devilâ??s Plague â?? Mark Beynon

England, 1651
The Battle of Worcester

To help him attain a victory over the Royalists, Oliver Cromwell has made a pact with the Devil. In return for his soul, he has been given a fearsome army of the dead â?? a blood-thirsty platoon of ancient evilâ?¦ the Kryfangan.

With Charles Stuart, the rightful heir to the English throne seemingly killed in battle and his Scottish army slaughtered by the Kryfangan, Cromwell now has control of Parliament.

However, by the time the Kryfanganâ??s real identity is revealed to Cromwell, it is too late to stop their relentless killing spree. And when the true nature of the great plague is exposed, London soon becomes a city overrun by zombie hordes.

The English must put aside their religious, social and political differences as they find themselves caught between two armies of the dead waging war with one another.

The Civil War is just beginningâ?¦

October 15th UK Release
December 17th US Release

Dreams of Inan: The Worm That Wasnâ??t â?? Mike Maddox

Leah is a simple gardener, tending the psychic plants that can create chemical and psychological weapons of immense magical power. But she dreams of so much more, hoping for a better life within the walls of the Great Castle. Her calm ordered existence is tainted by sickness and plague, a contagion that picks its victims, possessing something very like intelligence. In a world where science and magic willingly embrace each other, Leah discovers a terrifying secret that may tip her world into madness and chaos worse than any mere war. With no one to help her, and no one willing to believe her, Leah is forced to confront her worst fears alone if she hopes to save the lives of the people she loves.

Out there in the dark, the worm is waiting. And the worm is so very hungryâ?¦

December 17th UK Release
February 15th 2008 US Release

The_2000AD_Gay

It annoys me that the series have different authors. I would rather they stick to one author per series. At least that way I'd know what to expect from the next book in terms of writing style.