Main Menu

Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

Started by Dark Jimbo, 17 February, 2008, 11:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

I know there are a few fans of this series on the board, and I just found out the first set of this is nearly out (25th, according to Amazon). Might wait for the price to drop a tad, though.

As much as I was looking forward to finally owning the series on DVD, I was not looking forward to the 22 seperate discs I thought I was going to have to buy - but I won't have to! It's coming out in 3 boxsets of seven episodes apeice, with a ton of extras. They really seem to have gone to town on these.

Set 1 looks like being all the 'Indy as an ickle boy stuff', moving in the latter few episodes to 'Indy as a teen'. Which means Set 2 will be 'The War Years' and maybe some of 'The Spy Stuff', which is where the series really earned its wings. Can't for the life of me remember what happened in the latter episodes, though. 'Indy studies for his archaeology degree'?

Link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventures-Young-Indiana-Jones-Vol-1/dp/B000Z63ZPQ/ref=pd_ybh_3?pf_rd_p=138755991&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1A0H3H1N1WFY6SB0PVET" target="_blank">Linky Link

@jamesfeistdraws

The Adventurer

I really want to get YIJC (in Region 1) buts its just sooooo expensive. 80-100 dollars a volume. And 5 gets you 10 it'll take 5 or more years for that price to drop. Paramount Home Video is TERRIBLE at pricing their box sets.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dark Jimbo

80-100 dollars a volume.

What.....?! Extortion! Ours are currently just over £30 a volume, which means all three would set you back about £100. Far too much for me at the mo, so I'll still be waiting for a price drop, but still not too bad considering how much you're getting for that.
@jamesfeistdraws

Adrian Bamforth

You never know, they might repeat it this year before the film comes out, then you can tape it for free.

Robin Low

I'd heard that Lucas had been rediting and tinkering with them, and not in a good way. Will it still be worth it getting? (But keep in mind that I had no problem with the SW special editions.)

Regards

Robin

the shutdown man

"I'd heard that Lucas had been rediting and tinkering with them, and not in a good way...."

Now there's a shock.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Keef Monkey

I remember sitting down to watch the first episode of this as a kid, it was proper Indy, with swinging from stuff and whips and whatnot, and then it was all the war stuff which was great. Don't remember anything past that point though so can't remember if I lost interest or something.