Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomwe on 30 November, 2020, 12:47:14 PM
Looking at your speculations again: Maybe Leviathan could top up Brass Sun vol 2 with the writer connection, and similarly the third Kingdom volume could be filled with Feral & Foe.

I'd rather have Leviathan packaged with another horrot tale or two: Necronauts, Cradlegrave, A Love Liked Blood, etc...
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 30 November, 2020, 01:32:41 PMAre Hachette looking to reprint the entirety of Red Seas do we know?
The lists that have been knocking around for a while state four volumes. That's more than enough to include every strip page.

Tomwe

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 30 November, 2020, 01:39:58 PM
I'd rather have Leviathan packaged with another horrot tale or two: Necronauts, Cradlegrave, A Love Liked Blood, etc...
You're prob right - match better on theme than creators.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Barrington Boots

Thanks guys re. Read Seas, I've picked it up. It doesn't seem likely to be collected in it's entirety elsewhere.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

There were two aborted attempts to get this going, one as Rebellion's original skinny HC volumes (back in the day when the DC paperbacks were happening) and one as a standard but quite chunky paperback. Neither run got beyond one book. The series was since collected digitally in its entirety, but I can't see it getting a print collection any time soon elsewhere—and certainly not in HC for 40 quid.

Barrington Boots

Yep, I have both of those..  I should pass one of them on really. A HC collection will be much nicer anyway.
And no digital for me, all print or go home!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Michael Knight

hi guys,
I've been catching up on backlog of this series. Sorry if this sounds daft question but i received reprint of Savage: Taking Liberties volume volume 63. Was this a replacement for another misprint of spine artwork reor volume number mistake (ie. volume 79)? Im a bit confused.
Hope this makes sense

Colin YNWA

I only cherry pick, ordering through my comic shop so yesterday when I popped in to get my post lockdown comics there were two waiting for me (Flesh and Firekind) and one was shrinkwrapped with the reprint of 'Taking Liberites' both me and the shop owner were a bit confused but shrugged as there was on extra cost. Getting home I openned it and a note feel out explaining that a fre replacement was being given to folks in volume 81 to replace a spine error.

Bit cheeky of me to get one given I never got the erroneous one!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Michael Knight on 02 December, 2020, 11:40:17 PMI've been catching up on backlog of this series. Sorry if this sounds daft question but i received reprint of Savage: Taking Liberties volume volume 63. Was this a replacement for another misprint of spine artwork reor volume number mistake (ie. volume 79)? Im a bit confused.
They messed up the spine. The reprint fixes it, so the book sits in its correct place.

leethomson

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 December, 2020, 06:15:32 AM
I only cherry pick, ordering through my comic shop so yesterday when I popped in to get my post lockdown comics there were two waiting for me (Flesh and Firekind) and one was shrinkwrapped with the reprint of 'Taking Liberites' both me and the shop owner were a bit confused but shrugged as there was on extra cost. Getting home I openned it and a note feel out explaining that a fre replacement was being given to folks in volume 81 to replace a spine error.

Bit cheeky of me to get one given I never got the erroneous one!

Haha - lucky you, to get a free book! Savage is a good one, too. Hachette's margins on these books must be enormous if they can keep replacing them like this.

credo

The extension, and move into more stuff that rebellion hadn't previously collected has finally made me start buying these, with Firekind being my first (planning on picking up the other upcoming John Smith volumes, as well as any later volumes of Savage). For those ordering from Hachette, do the books normally arrive on time?

Really looking forward to finally getting collections of Revere and Tyranny Rex. Hoping that the Indigo Prime collections will include the Fervent and Lobe stuff too.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: credo on 04 December, 2020, 03:34:46 PMFor those ordering from Hachette, do the books normally arrive on time?
Honestly, my experience buying direct from Hachette hasn't been stellar. Books can take some time to arrive. Forbidden Planet or an LCS has typically been a superior option.

Blue Cactus

I'm in for all the John Smith stuff too. Also after people talking it up on here (Colin I'm looking at you!) I've ended up buying Red Seas 1 so I'm in for all four volumes. It wasn't a thrill I loved at the time and I seem to remember finding Jack Dancer quite annoying but I fancy trying it one big read.

credo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 04 December, 2020, 04:00:05 PM
Quote from: credo on 04 December, 2020, 03:34:46 PMFor those ordering from Hachette, do the books normally arrive on time?
Honestly, my experience buying direct from Hachette hasn't been stellar. Books can take some time to arrive. Forbidden Planet or an LCS has typically been a superior option.

I had a feeling that was the case. Oh well, on to the joys of sending emails to chase up late deliveries then!