Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 22 May, 2022, 11:10:48 PM
Next few issues are up on the Hachette site.
124: Brass Sun Vol 2
125: Ro-Busters Vol 1
126: Revere

So no surprises there except Ro-Busters getting at least 2 vols.

Not seeing these at all here https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/ am I looking in the wrong place?.

I'm not convinced there's enough 2000ad Ro-busters for more than one book though so that's definitely a surprise (unless they're going to reprint the Starlord stuff which seems doubtful). Was going to peer at the credits to see if I could work out which stories are in the Ro-busters vol and what other stories are appearing with Revere.

IndigoPrime

According to Barney, Ro-Busters in its 2000 AD incarnation has about 200 pages of strip. So perhaps it will dip into Starlord. If so, that's arguably the right decision, but I wish it had been made for Strontium Dog as well. It'll be interesting to see what's paired with Revere.

sintec

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 May, 2022, 09:18:55 AM
According to Barney, Ro-Busters in its 2000 AD incarnation has about 200 pages of strip. So perhaps it will dip into Starlord. If so, that's arguably the right decision, but I wish it had been made for Strontium Dog as well.

We've already had 60 pages of that in vol 4 of the ABC Warriors though (Hammerstein's War Memoirs and Ro-Jaws' Memoirs). So that only leaves 140 pages which is barely 1 book. I guess if they do all the Starlord strips that'd make it 2. Kinda hoping they don't do that tbh. I bought the Ro-busters HC a while back on the grounds that we wouldn't be getting the Starlord stuff here. Meh.

Quote from: Anthony Garnon on 23 May, 2022, 09:17:09 AM
They're there, but no pictures yet:

https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/l1072126/

Huh - odd. I can see the Brass Sun one but the others are just dropping me back to the main UC page. I suspect someone has pushed a half formed update and is manically trying to sort their mess out behind the scenes.

Dark Jimbo

Updated list - only two unknowns left!

111 - Strontium Dog: Repo Men
112 - ABC Warriors 7
113 - ABC Warriors 8
114 - Strontium Dogs 1
115 - Strontium Dogs 2
116 - Strontium Dogs 3
117 -
118 - Mean Arena 1
119 - Mean Arena 2
120 -
121 - Cradlegrave
122 - Brass Sun 1
123 - Brass Sun 2
124 - The Returners
125 -
126 - Finn 1
127 - Finn 2
128 -
129 -
130 - Ro-Busters 1
131 - Ro-Busters 2
132 - Rogue Trooper: War Machine
133 -
134 - Revere
135 -
136 - The Fall of Deadworld
137 - Sin/Dex 4
138 - Sin/Dex 5
139 - Sin/Dex 6
140 - Sin/Dex 7

Only 7 gaps left, and we know that the following 5 are coming:

Devlin Waugh
Blunt
Necronauts
Samantha Slade
Blackhawk
Leviathan (probably in the same book as Necronauts)
@jamesfeistdraws

Link Prime

It'll be interesting to see what's paired with Revere.

It'll be an irresistible cherry-pick regardless.

Dark Jimbo

According to Barney, Ro-Busters in its 2000 AD incarnation has about 200 pages of strip. So perhaps it will dip into Starlord.

Credits are Mills and Chris Lowder; Gibbons, Ian Kennedy and Carlos Pino.

Lowder, Pino and Kennedy only worked on the Starlord episodes of RB, of course, so that's one question solved!
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

The Revere cover also credits Milligan and Belardinelli, so that'll be The Dead - will be great to have that in hardcover.

sintec

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 23 May, 2022, 06:15:27 PM
The Revere cover also credits Milligan and Belardinelli, so that'll be The Dead - will be great to have that in hardcover.

Not quite the Milligan volume I'd been hoping for but I'm very happy we'll be getting The Dead. That was probably my top want for the extension so good news there.

Less excited about 2 volumes of Ro-busters as that's just duplicating stuff I already have. On the upside I think that does make it quite likely we'll be seeing Fallout in the 2nd ABCs book. Really hope they don't repeat the strips from ABC Warriors vol 4 in the second Ro-busters book but it feels like they'll be light on material if they don't. Hmmmm

Assuming Leviathan and Necronauts are sharing a volume there's enough space in there for a 3rd shortish story (50-60 pages would be perfect). Wonder what that'll be.

I'm growing increasingly concerned we won't be getting a 2nd book of Stickleback.

davidbishop

Has Storming Heaven already been in TUC?

The Monarch

could we get the starlord strontium dog now? i know its not all that much but maybe paired with tales from the dog house and the few bits of stront that never made it into the original run?

IndigoPrime

I suppose it's possible, and given that the Rebellion HC has been out for some time, there's less likelihood of a sales clash. Although not I have that volume, I wouldn't get the Hachette one.

IndigoPrime

176 pages is a skinny one for the UC – getting close to those Marvel volumes. But... Revere + The Dead = pre-ordered on Forbidden Planet. Thank you, Matt Smith!

credo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 May, 2022, 07:48:25 PM
Revere + The Dead = pre-ordered on Forbidden Planet. Thank you, Matt Smith!

Indeed!

According to Barney that combo is 158 pages. Is 18 pages too much for covers and reminiscence? Might there be a hidden Future Shock in there, like No Exit (Prog 559) or Bad Timing (Prog 375)?

IndigoPrime

According to Barney, there are four pages of Revere art beyond the one for the cover, and one for The Dead (Boo's for the Extreme Edition). With half a dozen pages of back matter and then the intro pages, that might leave a smallish space for something else, but it'd be tight.