Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - 86ers vs Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales Rd 1 Heat 75

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 January, 2022, 06:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

We're smashing into the New Year wrapping up Round 1 over the next couple of weeks and then hopefully all prep will be done and we'll go straight into Round 2 with any luck. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. And first let's look at the... interesting ... match-ups week 10 has to offer

Hmmm interesting one this. Short lived and early aborted Rogue Trooper world thrill and a very hit and miss series of done in one's that likewise didn't last too long

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

86ers - more info

Vs.

Ro-Jaws' Robo Tale - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 7th January and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

abelardsnazz

Some of the Robo-Tales were quite fun, so my vote is for Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales.

Dark Jimbo

It was a variable thrill, by its very nature, but the best of Ro-Jaws' Robo-Tales were better than anything The 86ers could muster.
@jamesfeistdraws

Magnetica

IndigoPrime

sheridan

This is one of those tricky ones - 86ers is good, but I've got a soft spot for some of the Robo-Tales.

AlexF

Bits of the 86ers are great, and reading the trade collection helped a lot with making sense of the overall narrative that I 100% did not follow when it first ran. But it's a mess. Ro-Jaws Robo Tales is one of the most consistent one-off series, with cracking art from Gibbons, McCarthy, Richardson and so on. Amnd also the first Abelaard Snazz with Dillon art, which isn't the snazziest Snazz, but is still pretty snazzy.

Ro-Jaws' Robo-Tales

rogue69

sheridan

Rogue Judge

86ers. When I was first getting into 2000AD several years ago I was pursuing anything with Rogue Trooper and got the 86ers TPB. I really enjoyed it and this reminds me it needs a reread.

Funt Solo

The 86ers was, after quite a strong start, a damp squib. Ro-Jaws' Robo-Tales were quite dark and haunting: very effective, in other words.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++