Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Blunt vs Middenface McNulty Rd 1 Heat 86

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 January, 2022, 06:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

We've DONE IT - the final week of Round 1 - well done. You've earnt a break after all this work ... so to respect that there's one less vote this week. Just the 7 - I know I'm as generous as Tharg. If things are going to plan I might keep momentum up and BLAST straight into Round 2... enjoy the break!

Both eras of Middenface have shown up in Round 1, the tales of his younger days have already fallen. Will his older and ...ahem... wiser adventures fare any better? Against Blunt I suspect opinion will be divided?

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Blunt - more info

Vs.

Middenface McNulty - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 15th January and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Huey2

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

abelardsnazz

I think Middenface works better as a sidekick/foil to Johnny than as a main character, plus Blunt has some fantastic art from Boo Cook.

Blunt.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

I like Blunt a little bit more than I do Death Planet.

Given that my vote goes to Mrs McNulty's wee bairn.

Link Prime

Middenface McNulty for the rather excellent (and never reprinted) "Wan Man an' his Dug".

AlexF

Just checkin'... this is for the Middenface solo stories that are not 'Young Middenface', which we already voted on a while back?
So basically that one fun John McCrea strip from way back in Volume 1 of the Megazine?
Which certainly deserves a reprint airing one day... but is not as imaginatively weird and wonderful as

Blunt

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 12 January, 2022, 09:48:28 AM
Just checkin'... this is for the Middenface solo stories that are not 'Young Middenface', which we already voted on a while back?
So basically that one fun John McCrea strip from way back in Volume 1 of the Megazine?

Hmm, good point. Basically we should only be counting here Wan Man an' His Dug plus Grannibal. Everything else ran as 'Young Middenface', which as you say I think we've already voted on.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

Yeah that's right anything labelled Young Middenface has been included in the earlier vote... well in my head at least!

Blue Cactus

Magnetica

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 January, 2022, 01:15:53 PM

Yeah that's right anything labelled Young Middenface has been included in the earlier vote... well in my head at least!

Oh I see; I hadn't taken that into account. But I'm still not voting for Blunt.