Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

FWIW that first issue was a joy. Haven't read The Horned God since prog publication, and am sure the collected format, on better paper, helped my enjoyment too.

The cherry-picking has begun! I'm looking at you, Dante, Nemesis and Shakara...

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Tomwe on 25 August, 2017, 03:20:43 PM
YAY!
Mr Postman finally turned up today with my sub box - issues 1&2, poster packaged with 1, and mug. Brilliant!

That poster is well smaller than the one that went out with the trial sets.
Still a delight though.

Jim_Campbell

First two volumes arrived today. They're nice books. Well-presented, good, sturdy hardcovers, nice paper. Only had time for a flick through, but I'm quietly impressed.

Although I now realise I need a new book case.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JamesC

Mine also arrived today. Very nice - not sure what to do with the trial versions now.
The Chris Weston mug is also very spiffy.

jannerboyuk

The inevitable posties 'you were out' card! Doh, have to wait to Tuesday for the goodness now :(

robert_ellis

I popped in to London Super Comic Con after work for an hour. The 2000ad/hachette stand had the Nemesis figurine on display. The bad news is it looks great, is surprisingly weighty & very detailed & well painted. Damn I'll have to sign up. They were also selling a wide horizontal poster of the entire Boo Cook spine for £35.

JaHawkDroid

Tomwe

Quote from: robert_ellis on 25 August, 2017, 08:01:58 PM
I popped in to London Super Comic Con after work for an hour. The 2000ad/hachette stand had the Nemesis figurine on display. The bad news is it looks great, is surprisingly weighty & very detailed & well painted. Damn I'll have to sign up. They were also selling a wide horizontal poster of the entire Boo Cook spine for £35.
Saw that on FB, £35 is good for the size of that thing. Shame it isn't widely available.
Still can't go for the figurines, tho they do look sweet.

Dandontdare

I never got the 2nd e-mail about unsubscribing, but figured if they don't have my payment details I needn't worry.

When I came home to find the first parcel (2 books, poster & arsom mug) I thought they'd cocked up. However the invoice was for £0.00 and when I reread the first e-mail, apparently test subscribers get the first three free anyway!

abelardsnazz

Seen a short version of the TV ad about three times on Vintage tonight. Mrs Snazz said "well that should fill some gaps in your collection" Shelf space finding project in progress.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 August, 2017, 10:13:05 PM
I never got the 2nd e-mail about unsubscribing, but figured if they don't have my payment details I needn't worry.

When I came home to find the first parcel (2 books, poster & arsom mug) I thought they'd cocked up. However the invoice was for £0.00 and when I reread the first e-mail, apparently test subscribers get the first three free anyway!

They have cocked up on mine.
I was in the trial bit too and had a promise of the first 4 (?) volumes for free. The I upgraded to premium and I have been charged the full whack.
Another, painful, call to South Africa awaits me in my future.

robert_ellis

I'd stick to messenger for communication. I never had confidence in the phone calls.

BPP

Comedy warning

Changed the recipient name for the 2000AD test but kept the account / payment details and delivery address the same.. now its impossible for Hachette / myself to access my details for the 2000AD collection. The account name is in the same email address but changing the recipient name apparently generates a new account that nobody can access.

Cue S.Africa saying they didn't have a clue what to do.

These landing at the same time as the Dredd Collection really brings home that running both at the same time for a year is a bit of a dumb idea. I probably would have gone for the Dredd extension but no way now. Cherry picking time for Dredd after #80

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

moly

Does seem a bit mad in the next 10 months between judge dredd and the 2000ad collection will receive 40 plus books

The Legendary Shark

I certainly can't afford to get both, so I'll continue with the JDMC and forget the Twoothy one. Hmmph.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]