Main Menu

yoincks! followed closely by bah!

Started by judgefloyd, 20 April, 2013, 11:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

My wife took great delight in my girls' profession of their love of my wine gums.  Standard birthday pressie that generally lasts thirty seconds with me seeing perhaps four from the pack!  No flies on that pair.   :rolleyes:

Grugz

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 10 September, 2016, 07:58:43 PM
Yoinks: my eldest girl recently decided that she would like to be less fussy about what she eats and has tried hamburger and beefburger in the last few weeks. Loves them.

Bah: today she asked if she could have some of my steak, and liked it. A lot. Get yer own, ya pup!!

how old is your girl? mines 11 and her list seems to be getting shorter on what she "likes" its a nightmare!!!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: Grugz on 10 September, 2016, 10:49:00 PM
how old is your girl? mines 11 and her list seems to be getting shorter on what she "likes" its a nightmare!!!

Almost 8 - we've had about 4 years of the 'short list', and she's now coming out the other side (we hope, anyway)...she's been a bit of a ham fiend for the last few years but about a year or so ago, she tried pepperoni for the first time and it's kind of gone from there. She loves pig - bacon/ham/gammon/chops. A few weeks back we got a few sausage patties from the butcher just to try to coerce her to try a burger out. Within a week, she was munching into a home made quarter pounder with cheese/bacon. The options for meals for her have gone up massively recently.

Her little sister is the next problem - trying to coerce her to expand from chicken nuggets/pasta/sausages/chips is going to be a big problem. At least she takes on board a lot of fruit - a LOT!!

Next major step - getting the feckers to eat more vegetables!!
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 06 September, 2016, 06:31:41 PM
Do you really want to work 'Piers Morgan', 'shower' and 'golden' into the same sentence?

I mean, on a scale of 1 to really disturbing!
I don't want to work Piers Morgan at all!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 10 September, 2016, 11:00:24 PM
Quote from: Grugz on 10 September, 2016, 10:49:00 PM

Almost 8 - we've had about 4 years of the 'short list', and she's now coming out the other side (we hope, anyway)...she's been a bit of a ham fiend for the last few years but about a year or so ago, she tried pepperoni for the first time and it's kind of gone from there. She loves pig - bacon/ham/gammon/chops. A few weeks back we got a few sausage patties from the butcher just to try to coerce her to try a burger out. Within a week, she was munching into a home made quarter pounder with cheese/bacon. The options for meals for her have gone up massively recently.

Her little sister is the next problem - trying to coerce her to expand from chicken nuggets/pasta/sausages/chips is going to be a big problem. At least she takes on board a lot of fruit - a LOT!!

Next major step - getting the feckers to eat more vegetables!!

This sounds familiar!  :lol:
My boy was a nightmare for about 8-9 years and then we took him on a cruise and he discovered the delights of many different foods (mainly off my plate!) Now he's a lot less picky and chose snails as his starter on most nights on the cruise we have just returned from. He also discovered steak on those cruises unfortunately. Vegetables is still a bit on an issue but he does love carrots and will eat broccoli and cauliflower but doesn't really like it. Those two we can get him to eat by smothering it in thick gravy or bread sauce. He's 12 now and 5 foot 7 with size 12 feet but slim so we must be doing something right.
They all get their in the end I believe. I would not touch any vegetables growing up except potatoes and would not even eat baked beans. Now the veg is the first thing I eat from my plate.

Hawkmumbler

Yoinks! Appear to have finally found a job with reasonable pay and good hours.

Bah! 2 hours of commuting a day. On a bike. In the middle of winter. For a 6:30AM start. Is it worth it?!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 03 November, 2016, 04:05:45 PM

Bah! 2 hours of commuting a day. On a bike. In the middle of winter. For a 6:30AM start.

Is it worth it?!
This depends entirely on whether there is a shower at your workplace. On the other hand, I love cycling so you might need to take that with a pinch of salt.
We never really die.

Fungus

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 03 November, 2016, 04:05:45 PM

Bah! 2 hours of commuting a day. On a bike. In the middle of winter. For a 6:30AM start. Is it worth it?!

Sounds like you already have your answer... :|
And job-hunting sucks, I sympathise. In the midst myself.

Hawkmumbler

Well, it's money I guess. But that's a LONG and boring commute.

Grugz

bah-Disney store screwed my order up

yoinks-replaced and let me keep the wrong item!

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

I, Cosh

Yoinks! Finally saw Rogue One tonight.

Bah! Need to read 18 pages of the dedicated thread to find out if I'm allowed to like it or not.
We never really die.

JamesC

Yoinks - Got a new cat from the rescue centre.

Bah! - It farts all the time.

Frank

Quote from: I, Cosh on 15 January, 2017, 11:46:35 PM
Need to read 18 pages of the dedicated thread to find out if I'm allowed to like it

You know the drill with Star Wars: unbridled fanboy Yub Nub until it comes out on video, then swear you always thought it was crap for the rest of your life.

von Boom

Yoinks! I got away early from work today.
Bah. I got a puncture and now my car is in the garage.

Tjm86

Yoinks:  got results of my final Masters course this week.  Passed!  Now BSc(Hons), BA(Hons), MEd.

Bah:  payroll / HR screwup means my pay is a couple of hundred quid short this month!!!!!!   :o :o :o

Just in time for Christmas.  On the plus side we are well ahead of the curve this year and pretty much done.  On the down side this tends to be a bit of an anxiety trigger so deep breathing exercises all round for a while.