Quote from: Molch-R on 10 February, 2012, 12:17:05 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 10 February, 2012, 12:13:55 PM
They just executing him like that????

You've read the comic book, yes? ;)

Yes but not that I expected!

TordelBack

radiator

SPOILERS! Jeez...

Helmets actually look fine in that micro-snippet - woohoo!

QuoteHad a horrible thought - what is the bet that some wanker re-releases a certain movie from 1995 to cash on the publicity from Dredd?
<shudder>

I'm actually quite looking forward to them releasing Dredd '95 on Blu ray - which is surely going to happen between now and September...

I know you can get it from Amazon Germany, but I'm holding out for a proper UK release - I've never owned a copy of the Stallone Dredd on any format...

QuoteThey just executing him like that????

[spoiler]They're bent judges...[/spoiler]

Glenn Broadway

Thanks for the massive spoiler there.

BTW - who's in favour of not just adding every new image, clip and news item to this thread? I hate message boards at the best of times, but message boards boards 60+ pages of replies are loathsome.

I think this last update would have really benefited from a new thread with the subject: Short animated GIF from DREDD - SPOILER ALERT.

SmallBlueThing

"Animated gif of some masked white folk shooting a black dude in the head sends Internet into meltdown. More news at one."

That's unexpected- and as has been the case with all the promo/ leaked gubbins so far, massively contradictory. Judge on the left- hat looks great! Judge in the middle- huge inflata-hat!

SBT

TordelBack

Quote from: Glenn Broadway on 10 February, 2012, 12:26:49 PMI hate message boards at the best of times...

And yet you want this one to accommodate your specific wishes.

However, I do sort-of agree: while I think any sane person would expect spoilers on this thread, maybe a 'clips' thread would be a good idea.  It is a big step forward.

Steve Green

I really don't know what they're thinking of the way these things are leaked, some animated gif on a celeb fan site?

It's one thing to get spy pics, another to have access to actual footage...

[spoiler]
it's a fairly major plot point if you've read the script...[/spoiler]

radiator

According to this website, Judge Dredd (1995) is down for a unspecified 2012 Blu Ray release.

Interestingly, the distributor appears to be Disney/Buena Vista - ISTR hearing that Disney now own the rights to US movie Dredd...

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/releasedates.html

Steve Green

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 February, 2012, 12:30:43 PM
Quote from: Glenn Broadway on 10 February, 2012, 12:26:49 PMI hate message boards at the best of times...

And yet you want this one to accommodate your specific wishes.

However, I do sort-of agree: while I think any sane person would expect spoilers on this thread, maybe a 'clips' thread would be a good idea.  It is a big step forward.

Presumably that's the whole point of this board having spoiler tags, yeah?

So for those people who don't want things spoilt it's a bit difficult if it's an animated gif...

Not entirely unreasonable...

Michaelvk

Gun's cycling nicely  :)
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

SmallBlueThing

Radiator- I'd suggest keeping a close eye on the BBFC website. There's nothing post-1997 on there at the moment, which suggests that even if the Stallone film is up for rerelease, the distributor has done nothing about it as yet- certainly no new extras or wotnot. It also tells us no trailer or promo material has been submitted for the 2012 version yet.

SBT

Molch-R

It's only really a spoiler if you've read the script. So surely drawing attention to the fact it's a spoiler merely increases the spoiling? I haven't read the script, so didn't know.