Main Menu

Pat Mills 'Torturer' for the Meg ?

Started by Marbles, 18 February, 2003, 07:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marbles

Pat mentioned this series (drawn by John Hickleton)being produced 'for Germany' (although it  seems to have been up on the Coolbeans site as well) in his piece in the latest Megazine.

I've never seen it and was wondering whether it was worth a print in the Meg ? The only reference to it on the web I can find is the following :-

-TORTURER by Pat Mills and John Hickleton
"Torturer" is a regular comic that concerns something about a medieval torturer inhabiting modern bodies and, like a lot of Mills's work, is elaborately, often gleefully, sick, twisted and violent.

Remember - dry hair is for squids

Jared Katooie

Just taking up space better filled by Hookjaw...

JK.

Trout

Sorry to be prejudging something unfairly again.

But Mills and Hickleton?

Christ, no!

- Trout

JayzusB.Christ

I think Mills and Hicklenton were bleedin' ace on Nemesis. However, I am wary of their return: Mills and O'Neill were also once good on Nemesis.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

paulvonscott

Yeah, I'm up for Mills and Hicklenton again if the material is suitable for the meg.  Hicklenton made the two torquemadas an absolute joy.

Jared Katooie

ukdane

They started a strip together n Toxic too, called "Fear Teachers". I've often wondeered how much these two strips were based on each other.
I'd like to read both of them.
Cheers

-Daney

karne

Fear Teachers didn't actually finish its run due to the cancellation of Toxic! It's basic premise was that humans are born without fear and have the ability to fear forced into them. It was a good idea in theory, but on paper, very dull and preachy (quelle surprise!).

If you want to see what was published in Toxic! I'd be willing to scan and send you it. It's worth a look for the artwork.

ukdane

Karne: Sorry, you misunderstood what I meant... I have read all of the Fear Teachers story that was printed ( I have all Toxic's, and am/was a huge fan of it, at the time it was better than 2000AD, IMO).
What I meant was that I would like to see the rest of this story, as well as Torturer.
Cheers

-Daney

karne

Ah, oakley, doakley Dane. It was this bit that threw me:

"I'd like to read both of them."

Do you know if there's any of the unpublished art/episodes on the Net anywhere?

ukdane

Don't know, hence the "I'd like to read both of them" statement. :-)
Cheers

-Daney

karne

Ahh, but you could've meant "I'd like to read both of them completely." ;)

Devons Daddy

Mills and Hickleton?
i could ask my six year old son to submit a story and art work which i would feel may have a higher thrill rating.
he would follow hickletons style  though by using crayons.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Art