Main Menu

There's Dredd files, why not 2000AD files?

Started by Espoc, 04 August, 2016, 08:33:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Espoc

Any chance?

Beg pardon if this has been discussed before

hippynumber1

I don't imagine there's enough material for it to work. The closest we've come is the 'Sci-Fi Thrillers' and, while it's a great read, it's still a pretty slender volume.

Espoc

Steve Green

They did try some about 10 or so years ago apparently, it didn't get that far into the run though.

As for doing it now - a fair amount of the content exists in other formats, I would guess they'd rather sell those than duplicate them.

(Invasion was available in an extreme edition, ditto MACH 1)

Dredd's first couple of years exist as both case files and hardback editions. Dan Dare vol 2 will be out later this year, Flesh and Harlem Heroes exist as TPBs.

Albion

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 August, 2016, 10:01:39 AM
They did try some about 10 or so years ago apparently, it didn't get that far into the run though.

Yeah, two books were published of the Progs in order from Prog 1. They were called the Digital Archives.
There were problems with the printers and the release was delayed by quite some time. I can't remember how many Progs were in each book, I have them at home. Shame it was abandoned, I'd have kept buying them.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Albion on 05 August, 2016, 10:07:11 AM
Quote from: Steve Green on 05 August, 2016, 10:01:39 AM
Yeah, two books were published of the Progs in order from Prog 1. They were called the Digital Archives.
There were problems with the printers and the release was delayed by quite some time. I can't remember how many Progs were in each book, I have them at home. Shame it was abandoned, I'd have kept buying them.
Think it was ten Progs. I'll take them off your hands if you're not using them!
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=26923.0 has a pic and overview. Black and white only. Iffy printing. Unhappy forumites at the time.

Albion

Quote from: The Cosh on 05 August, 2016, 10:22:09 AM
Think it was ten Progs. I'll take them off your hands if you're not using them!

Sorry, my copies are staying with me.  :D
I'd love to know how many were printed.
The delay was so long that Tharg compensated us with a couple of free books. Hardback copies of Rain Dogs and Glimmer Rats.

AlexF

Is there a definitive list somewhere of stuff that hasn't ever been reprinted in trade paperback / graphic novel / extreme edition / Meg floppy form? I guess some stuff has gone out of print, and of course there's the Hilary robinson / Alan McKenzie stuff that can't be reprinted for legal reasons, but at this point there can't be much left beyond various one-off stories and all those Tharg tales, which I can't imagine anyone wanting in a bound volume. Even me!

Steve Green

I don't think so.

Bonjo/Dash Decent/Captain Klep?

Not sure if MACH Zero got collected in the extreme editions.

There's probably a fair chunk of 90s strips.

Tjm86

Albion

Quote from: Steve Green on 05 August, 2016, 12:22:16 PM
There's probably a fair chunk of 90s strips.

Any of these been reprinted from the '90's?
I've been reading them on my Prog Slog and I must admit I'd forgotten about all of them.

Mother Earth
Wireheads
PARAsites
Kid Cyborg
The Grudge Father
Darkness Visible

I, Cosh

Quote from: AlexF on 05 August, 2016, 12:13:55 PM
Is there a definitive list somewhere of stuff that hasn't ever been reprinted in trade paperback / graphic novel / extreme edition / Meg floppy form?
I'd like to help in this quest.

Pretty sure the only significant (judged by length) story from the first ten years (and probably a good bit longer) which has never been reprinted is Wolfie Smith. C'mon Molcher, get the finger out.
We never really die.