Main Menu

Krill Tro Thargo for Norwich Newsie?

Started by CraveNoir, 10 July, 2010, 09:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

A heart-warming tale of services to thrill-power....

A family-run city newsagent went beyond the call of duty when a customer's copy of his favourite weekly maga-zine failed to arrive on time.
Widge Savage has been getting his copy of UK-based sci-fi magazine 2000ad from Brunswick General Stores every week for three years.
But when a batch of newspapers and magazines containing his weekly copy was stolen from outside the suppliers, the newsagent sprung into action.

And you can read the rest of the story here.

Emp

Definitley worth an award that!

On a personal note DREDD for top job!!..i'm practically salivating..i get to read 2000ad on an annual basis,so 52 issues to get through next week  :D

JayzusB.Christ

what a bleeding great name, too.  'Widge Savage' - I bet he enjoys reading about Volgs dying.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

QuoteIf she had not got it for me from eBay I would have had to track it down somehow.

Um.

Still, definite KTT material.

Trout

Shop sells comic.

Shock exclusive.

- Hack McTrout

Buttonman

"the maga-zine, which started in 1976, and features such characters as Judge Dredd."

That fact checker needs a kick in the arse. Glad that man, with a pound of metal in his face, dispelled any notion that comics fans are weirdoes.

Nice newsagent though, she could save my papers any day.

Emperor

Quote from: King Trout on 10 July, 2010, 10:33:09 PM
Shop sells comic.

Shock exclusive.

- Hack McTrout

They could teach my newsagent a thing or two I can tell you!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ThryllSeekyr

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteWith a happy ending atleast.

Hmmmmmmmm... do her favours know no limits?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 July, 2010, 12:17:19 PM

:lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

Emperor

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 July, 2010, 12:17:19 PM

A lesson I'd not like them to teach my newsagent!!
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting the article

Quote"My brother and I logged onto eBay and traced a copy of the magazine down, ordered it, and it arrived the next day.

I find it hard to beleive that it arrived so early.

W. R. Logan

Seems A tad over the top, why didn't they just go to another newsagents and buy a copy.
KTT my arse.

Mardroid

A nice story though.

A completely irrelevant, but the newsagent is pretty.

What's with the unnecessary hyphens though? 'Maga-zine'. 'Ser-vice'.

ThryllSeekyr